My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GeeLee
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a Mahindra 1626 last month and am pretty happy with it. Wonder if others have had any problems or praises for this model? I just wanted to start this thread to get a chat going to share info. My 1626 came with a nice front own loader and a Mitsubishi 3 cylinder 26 hp that has been doing a wonderful job in tandem.
GeeLee

·
GeeLee
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know I forgot to take pictures of it and forgot to ask my wife to take some pics when I am boosh hoggin.
Getting a new tractor when I've had my 70 year old Allis Chalmers for 15 years is sorta hard to do. I mean it would be like trading my fine (Number 2...) wife of 15 years for a 25 year old college girl! But the C model was a tricycle type and we decided to clear about 4 acres around a pond. I got that Allis as a true basket case and have worked her hard as a garlic farmer plowing, pulling way too big discs and a single bottom plow. Finally got a reverse tine rototiller, 4 foot wide and sold all the old ways of working a field. I'm retired and LOVING IT!:tango_face_angel:

So I've got to get 'Molly' Mahindra rear chains and some weight since the field is hilly in spots, it has wet springs too. It works well in 4WD without chains and weights but when winter ice gets here, I'll need them to clear the icy drive way.

First in honor of Allis (Which I kept) is her picture then the new 1626 Mahindra.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,961 Posts
GeeLee, I grew up on an 1957 AC WD 45 Tricycle tractor, they are great machines. Always was amazed at the low end on them. Nice looking Mahindra too!

·
GeeLee
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Mahindra 1626 Brake Lock problem, easy fix.

One problem I found is with the Brake lock. It was an easy fix but you'll find that you need to lock the brakes on hillsides, etc. I'll show you a picture. What happened is the cable shield pulled through the split tube holder and made the cable end come through the holder. That would not allow the teeth to engage into the brake pedals teeth. Simple fix was to pull the cable sheath end out of the holder and squeeze it to a smaller size. I had to use a large pair of pliers as the steel split tube was hardened steel. I repainted it to prevent rust and you should be able to see the different color if you look close.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just recently bought a Mahindra 1626 last month and am pretty happy with it. Wonder if others have had any problems or praises for this model? I just wanted to start this thread to get a chat going to share info. My 1626 came with a nice front own loader and a Mitsubishi 3 cylinder 26 hp that has been doing a wonderful job in tandem.
GeeLee
I just bought the same tractor. Put 13 hrs on it so far. It back where I bought it now. PTO has no power. They did a power test and it failed. So they are going to split the tractor to replace an "o ring" according to them. I'm not happy about this but what can I do.

·
GeeLee
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just bought the same tractor. Put 13 hrs on it so far. It back where I bought it now. PTO has no power. They did a power test and it failed. So they are going to split the tractor to replace an "o ring" according to them. I'm not happy about this but what can I do.
Wow, sorry to hear about that! Maybe they forgot to put it on at the factory... but surely they would have tested it. I run a 4' reverse tine tiller with mine and a 4' brush hog for 5 acres and have not had a problem. So should be warranty repair, but I realize that you need your tractor yesterday. I hung on to my allis C model (1949) just in case something happened to my 1626. So far only the plastic turn signal holder has broken off when I was moving trees with the front end loader and a limb caught on the rear tire and ran it right up into the plastic on the right hand side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts