My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Resident John Deere Tech
1,685 Posts
Those are Struck Magnatrac. No connection between the 2. :)
Beat me to it... I actually talked to the folks at struck about them...they never had anythimg to do with wheeled garden tractors....

·
Registered
135 Posts
I like your signature, Bogieboy! I definitely agree, they don't make stuff like they used to. I can't wait to hook my 1960's Magna-Trac 9hp up to my buddies brand new 23hp John Deere and pull him all over the yard... :sidelaugh I got the clutch unseized and working today, tried her out for the first time and was definitely impressed, tons of stump pulling power, I couldn't seem to bog it down in the gravel at near idle with the blade lowered and digging in deeper and deeper. I've played around with many "lawn tractors" and know this thing will out pull ALL of them. I love it!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow! Those are pretty sweet, highly doubt mine will ever look like that! I would like to restore it, but could turn into another long term project. I'm assuming those decals were custom made? If anyone has any idea where to get them, please let me know.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just a quick update, rebuilt the carb, pulled the head for an inspection and carbon removal, stripped and repainted the engine shroud and gave the rest of the machine a quick cleaning and paint just to make it look somewhat respectable. By no means would I use the term "restored" here, LOL.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks great. Will you do decals?
Thanks! Not sure about the decals just yet, I have my eye on another Magna-Trac that I would consider to be more worthy of a restoration. I am not happy with the hood on this machine, and I really don't think it is worthy of custom made decals. I am hoping to get my hands on this other machine and this one will be a running parts machine....:i_praying

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey I'm new here i just got magna trac 9 hp I think is a 1965 or so i was wondering how rare they are and if sears attachments could work?

·
Resident John Deere Tech
1,685 Posts
Welcome @Camo kid they are pretty rare, which makes finding parts or attachments next to impossible sadly, i have an early 1964 9hp model myself... i had a sears snow blower mounted on mine for a while, but it just didnt quite want to work right...

·
Resident John Deere Tech
1,685 Posts
@Camo kid i dont know of any directly compatible ones for either, but mine has a sleeve and i kinda cobbed together an old meyer lawn mower blade for mine, but i never use either...LOL

21 - 40 of 40 Posts