My Tractor Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanks for the link to the other thread.I see on it a Yahoo group mentioned that manuals may can be had .Gosh I aint been on Yahoo in years. I think I will try to get there in the next while.

·
youtube.com/5Tractorguy
497 Posts
Well I appreciate it.!
I rarely post or look through MTF anymore, luckily I did today.

I own 4 of these Magna Trac's, so if you need measurements, pictures, or manuals emailed to you, that I can do. I run a business full time so it may take a few days to get back to you, but I'm happy to help. If you PM me, I'll send you my email address.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I will be honest with you ,I learned more from this website in the past few weeks than I have known about this machine for years.
A manual and some closeups of the belt guard would be a blessing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
and that was from a small bump

john
Hehe, thanks!
As for time of the year,this is when I get to play with my own "junque" in the shop.During the summer i mow a couple yards and fix other peoples mowers.You know the kind the real shops either turn away directly or just quote a stupid price to send it away. Stuff like a zero turn that they ran over a gas grill with the DECK. How I don't know. But it took 4 hours with a torch,jacks and levels and so forth to straighten the deck.! But that is what is helping me do these little tractors.
I got the Magna in the shop but aint messed with it much. Steering messed up,the wheel turned but the wheels didn't so something is messed up there. Gota get a ignition switch to. I have the 8 inch 3 rib tires ordered for it. Cleaning wheels in the electrolosis vat now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I drove it today. I have installed 2 new 3 rib tires on the front and I had laying around some 10 inch wide rear wheels and some turf tires on them.All rims cleaned by electrolosis and repainted. Steering problem was a froze up spindal.I had to replace the bearing in the cone thing on the clutch.I went ahead and built up the worn "prongs" that the arm operates as they were worn. New drive belt and carb .It runs good,the trans is freeing up and shifting easier now that it has fresh oil.I will have to fab a choke cable bracket and straighten the grill a bit and I am going to call it repaired and usable now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
:tango_face_smile:
The only thing that I am aware of that aint right is probably the charging system.When I decide to restore the tractor I will carry the starter generator to get it gone thru and put a new regulator on it then.I can charge the battery once in a while. I did have to swap the gas tank out as the hood would not close with the 1 on the engine.I found the 1 that came with the tractor in the shed and cleaned it out and put it on.Hood closes now.
I cleaned the tractor with a scotch brite pad and Mean green cleaner to get the moss off it and then just rubbed some Penetrol on it. I have alot of other machines that are already apart I need to put back together.I don't want to take this 1 apart until alot of those projects are done.
Here are some pics. I still need a drive belt guard.1 of the members here is going to send me pics and measurments so i can make 1 close enough to keep my pants from being pulled off!

Attachments

·
Resident John Deere Tech
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
i am back, LOL been an interesting few years, but i appologise for being MIA for so long... i actually got mine running again after sitting for several years, the stinkin magneto died on me, so i converted it to a battery ignition, then had to clean all the crap out of the pain in the but updraft carb, but got it to fire last night.... next up is getting the clutch unstuck, then it may be able to move under its own power.... gotta finish the wiring of the coil as well, as it was just rigged enough to see if it would run... then comes an oil change, and fixing the muffler thats been cobbed for a while....

·
Resident John Deere Tech
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
:tango_face_smile:
The only thing that I am aware of that aint right is probably the charging system.When I decide to restore the tractor I will carry the starter generator to get it gone thru and put a new regulator on it then.I can charge the battery once in a while. I did have to swap the gas tank out as the hood would not close with the 1 on the engine.I found the 1 that came with the tractor in the shed and cleaned it out and put it on.Hood closes now.
I cleaned the tractor with a scotch brite pad and Mean green cleaner to get the moss off it and then just rubbed some Penetrol on it. I have alot of other machines that are already apart I need to put back together.I don't want to take this 1 apart until alot of those projects are done.
Here are some pics. I still need a drive belt guard.1 of the members here is going to send me pics and measurments so i can make 1 close enough to keep my pants from being pulled off!
if you still need those dimesions i can get them for you...

81 - 96 of 96 Posts