My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
New to this
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a scraper blade today for the tool holder. Made with a piece of 12" steel pipe with 3/8" thick walls. Cut about a third out of the circumference with a demo saw and the scraper edge with a sawzall and a good blade. Used window cleaner for a cuttin lube and was able to cut the full 3' with one blade. Worked very well, I'll try putting pics on from my phone, let me know if they don't show.

·
New to this
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let's try this, back at my home puter now. I'll have to figure out the smartarse phone later, at least I finally figured out how to send pics to photobucket strait from the phone without sending them to my email and all that good stuff. Here goes:

·
New to this
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That worked just right for my driveway, I still have more to do on the driveway but you get the idea. The window cleaner for cutting coolant was told to me by an old pipe fitter I work with who does a lot of work with stainless and that big pipe you see in the pic. He told me to try it out when I was trying to drill out chainsaw bars for my saw mill. That works better than any thing I have ever used. I was able to do a full 3' long cut through 3/8" thick steel with one sawzall blade, I even made most of the cut across the circumference until the blade broke off at the shank with only an inch left to cut. It was a Milwaukee cuttin torch blade. I just used a regular steel drill bit to drill the holes and a cordless drill using the glass cleaner, you can actually pull the bit out of the cut and it will be cool to the touch using that glass cleaner.

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Sent from the MTF Free App

Right on! Looks real close to the factory scraper.

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
I can send you one if you want or you can make one for that blade out of a piece of 1/4 x 1 1/2 flat stock. Would last awhile.
Sent from the MTF Free App

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
That looks really good and it looks like it did a really good job.

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
I am impressed. I like how your series of pictures tell the story of what you did. :thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU

I hope if you ad the hardened edge you will post in a similar fashion about that.

·
New to this
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll post the same way for whatever projects I do with the machines. Any how I really like the tool holder. I want to make a watering tank for it for the gardens mount it to the front. Figured I could go to HF and get a large swivel wheel for the front of the machine, make a frame that holds a 30 gal drum that bolts to the tool holder and a couple of copper lines off of each side that break apart with unions for storage. I happen to have some in-floor heat headers kicking around that have individual shutoffs on them, would work well for controlling how much water used. Just an idea but I think it would work well. I am a bit of a do-it yourself kind of a guy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts