My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking for something interesting to do today so I found a decent deck I had that was from a 1973 5239B then put some wheels on it. Got a used short block out of one of my boxes of motors and added all the accessories out of parts boxes as needed. Starter recoil, points, condenser, governor, coil, primer, used rebuilt carb, used gas tank, flywheel, new crank seal, new plug and then all the nuts and bolts out of my parts box to get it all together more or less. Threw a shroud on it so I could test it. The moment of truth. Primed pulled and fired. No issues whatsoever. It may be running a tad bit fast but I will adjust the governor tomorrow. Will then clean it up get a flywheel screen on it then should be good to go. Was sort of fun making a whole Mower out of just parts.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 6 yr old daughter was pretty excited to help me with this project

·
5,410 Posts
Very nice! Way to put a bunch of stuff to good use. Bill

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did some more cleaning today and realized I had forgotten to clean the exhaust ports when I put it together yesterday so I did that and while doing it I discovered that I used a motor with a 3 ring piston. Lol. Well I guess I have a 16:1 5239B_Rev1. Lol. I’m gonna have to put some tape on the back of the shroud and mark it 16:1 as this one could get mixed up with all my other 32:1 mowers. Oh well, she runs beautifully. Now I’m not sure what to do with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,665 Posts
Sweet rescue!

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,886 Posts
Awesome! Nothing wrong with those old 16 to 1 machines. I still have one, the 1967 edger and it was pristine inside so I couldn't justify do the change over. It does suck having to keep different mix ratios around though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts