• Larrybl's Brother of Hulk II

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
LBAD Victim
966 Posts
Another one for keeping it in. I would suggest you put it as an announcement on the home page.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yes, keep it. But some how it needs to be linked to the sub pages. I rarely go to the home page, and instead go to the brand pages only.
So I often miss the MOM entirely.

Dan

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,136 Posts
I am all for KEEPING the contest, I used to be more active in participation, but life is very busy right now. I think a lot of the "old timer" MTF people like me are not around as much as they used to be. Is the nomination only open to Site Supporters? If it is, maybe open it up to the public? I don't know... I hate to see participation fall off, but we all know since the transition a while back, a lot of people had difficulty logging in, and just gave up.

·
Administrator
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I am all for KEEPING the contest, I used to be more active in participation, but life is very busy right now. I think a lot of the "old timer" MTF people like me are not around as much as they used to be. Is the nomination only open to Site Supporters? If it is, maybe open it up to the public? I don't know... I hate to see participation fall off, but we all know since the transition a while back, a lot of people had difficulty logging in, and just gave up.
It's been open to the general membership since inception, voting was Site Supporters only at the beginning but that got canned.

·
blackjackjakexxix
1,085 Posts
I would be in,but I think there needs to be an easier way to nominate,not sure how to find it on the forum,maybe I'm just missing something,Thanks, Rick

·
Super Moderator
8,205 Posts
I would be in,but I think there needs to be an easier way to nominate,not sure how to find it on the forum,maybe I'm just missing something,Thanks, Rick
There is always a nominating thread, but you can also find any staff member and let us know and we can get it in as well.

·
Administrator
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Voting poll is closed, stay tuned for the announcement of the winner on September 1st!

Looking forward to more membership participation for November's Machine of the Month. I'll make a site wide announcement when the nomination thread is posted.

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,238 Posts
BOSOX:: could u toss it around with the other MODS that the nomination thread could run for 2 months or a lil shorter..

·
Administrator
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I usually have a nomination thread going about mid month after the winner's announced. Have to leave time for a voting poll and making up the announcement.

·
3,364 Posts
I think that the reason it seems like there is no interest is because there is little way of knowing it even exists...I have been on the site for well over a year and I have seen a few things about Tractor of the Month...but not really been made aware of what it is...it looks like a contest ...but for what?...I get the idea it is for restorations...but how would one enter the contest? I saw something on the home page for one month ...actually longer there was a signpost with something about tractor of the month for a certain month...but it was up for so long it looked like it was just some old post that no one got around to taking down, and not relevant because it referred to something a few months old, and it look like there was no subsequent contest

I have seen a poll of the week a few times also...not sure that it is a weekly topic...or just pops up once in a while...I have not seen it in a while

·
Administrator
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I think that the reason it seems like there is no interest is because there is little way of knowing it even exists...I have been on the site for well over a year and I have seen a few things about Tractor of the Month...but not really been made aware of what it is...it looks like a contest ...but for what?...I get the idea it is for restorations...but how would one enter the contest? I saw something on the home page for one month ...actually longer there was a signpost with something about tractor of the month for a certain month...but it was up for so long it looked like it was just some old post that no one got around to taking down, and not relevant because it referred to something a few months old, and it look like there was no subsequent contest

I have seen a poll of the week a few times also...not sure that it is a weekly topic...or just pops up once in a while...I have not seen it in a while
First and foremost, the contest runs every other month. The month in between is for our Featured Member of the Month. Way back when, before you joined the forum, they both ran every month and it got ridiculous for the volunteers to keep up with.

Here are the rules for the Machine of the Month contest. They are listed in the nomination threads and the threads are made a Sticky in the MTF Contest Forum.. In the future I will make a site wide announcement for the members that don't get out of their goto forums much.

The home page announcements seem old because they are. The MoM contest announcement runs until the next winner is announced 2 months later. The winner gets bragging rights for the duration.

Get your nominations in for September's Machine of the Month contest!​

Please post a photo of the machine to be nominated (yours or otherwise), the owner's forum handle and a link to the thread you found the photo in!​

Contest Rules:

(1)-We want active member's machinery nominated for the MoM contest, please.
(2)-Stumping for votes on the forum by anyone is not allowed. Posts and/or threads to the like will be removed on sight by staff members and could lead to a nominee's machine being removed from contention in the contest. A simple "BUMP" of the voting thread is allowed by members to generate interest in the contest, but not the nominees.
(3)-Member may only win MoM once with a particular machine. If he or she happens to be a collector of machinery the member would be eligible after one year's time with another machine.
(4)After a Vote by the membership, "Staff Members" are now eligible for participation in the MoM contest.

·
3,364 Posts
My "bookmarked places" brings me right to the HOME page...on the left at the top is a blank area...with MTF's Machine of the Month for July 2018! and Most Popular Discussions right under that....is there supposed to be some graphic or something in that blank area?...that is where I had seen that road sign I mentioned.....on the right side is a column with a search window at the top...then Premium Vendor Showcase...and right under that is
Recent Discussions...I never have heard of Member of the Month since I have been on here...not faulting the people who make this site happen...not at all, I do thank you for all you do....but I think that there would be a lot more participation if people were aware of it

·
Administrator
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
All I see is a big John Deere logo (The road sign was a previous MoM announcement) for the last MoM winner and a link to the thread, Most Popular discussions listed below. I don't fool with the Home page, beyond my capabilities. I'll mention putting an announcement for nominations there when the next thread is posted.

·
Administrator
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
My "bookmarked places" brings me right to the HOME page...on the left at the top is a blank area...with MTF's Machine of the Month for July 2018! and Most Popular Discussions right under that....is there supposed to be some graphic or something in that blank area?...that is where I had seen that road sign I mentioned.....on the right side is a column with a search window at the top...then Premium Vendor Showcase...and right under that is
Recent Discussions...I never have heard of Member of the Month since I have been on here...not faulting the people who make this site happen...not at all, I do thank you for all you do....but I think that there would be a lot more participation if people were aware of it
Look at the forum list and find General Site Information. At the bottom of the list are the Contest Forum and Machine of the Month Subforum. Under that is the Featured Member of the Month Forum. They aren't hidden but members scroll by without noticing them.

·
3,364 Posts
I do see it now....but my point is that it is not given any prominence ...it does not stand out...unless you know about it....you don't know to look for it

·
Administrator
12,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I do see it now....but my point is that it is not given any prominence ...it does not stand out...unless you know about it....you don't know to look for it
Going forward I'll make it more noticeable with site wide announcements for nomination and voting threads in all forums and possibly on the Home page. If I can learn how to do it. :tango_face_wink:

21 - 40 of 43 Posts