My Tractor Forum banner

Should MTF Staff Member Machines be Eligible in the Machine of the Month Contests?

• Yes

Votes: 74 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,097 Posts

As most may or may not know, at present, staff members machines are not eligible for consideration in the bi-monthly Machine of the Month contest. The topic has been broached by said staff several times in the past without total agreement as to whether this should continue to be the case. There have been concerns voiced for both pro, and con.

After consideration, it was deemed that it would be put to a vote by MTF's membership. This seemed to make the most sense as it is indeed your contest, after all. So, with that, the decision rests upon the results of this poll. The poll will run for ten days, and the results will be announced at it's conclusion.

Please, feel free to share your thoughts and opinions, but please keep them constructive, and on topic. Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
As long as the nominations and selection is open to the entire membership, I don't see why not. If the staff has any exclusive decisions along the selection process, maybe not. No problems with the current staff, but who knows what could change. After all, power corrupts. :)

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as the nominations and selection is open to the entire membership, I don't see why not.........
That would be the case, no matter the result of this poll :fing32:

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,693 Posts
I think they should!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Why are they mods in the first place? Because they are active members who have shown to be reasonable, helpful, and trustworthy. Why are they active members in the first place? Because they are enthusiasts. Who has the best machines? Enthusiasts. Why shouldn't they be allowed?

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
They should be open to woodchucks like Ellis and me! Oh wait.........................
LOL Sorry Ellis! Seriously would love to see Austen's rig and the Ellis's custom or whatever he wants in! :)

·
LBAD Victim
965 Posts
I don't see why they shouldn't. After all, aside from helping run the forum, they are hobbyists just like any other one of us.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They should be open to woodchucks like Ellis and me! Oh wait.........................
LOL Sorry Ellis! Seriously would love to see Austen's rig and the Ellis's custom or whatever he wants in! :)
I been waiting for you to chime in, bud :sidelaugh

I'm sure folks have seen enough of my stuff. I want to get some of the other staff members machines out there. Maybe get BOSOX to get that JD 200 series done and ready for a calendar shoot. Maybe sitting on it, with his arms crossed, looking off to the setting sun, between his boat and vintage Olds! The man..........and his machine! :tango_face_glasses:

Sound good everyone? Ok, let's all send Mike a pm and encourage him. Maybe you could post some pics of the beast, Mike? A little progress update, perhaps?

·
OLD TIRED CDN. MECHANIC
9,012 Posts
Absolutely "YES".:fing02::fing02:

Is this not about "the machine", rather than what it's owner does for a living or contributes to the forum in his spare time?

Some folks simply have more time and energy to contribute and that definitely should not disqualify them or their machines.

Without staff members the forum would simply fall apart and disqualification hardly shows our appreciation.

So YES, ABSOLUTELY YES !

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
I been waiting for you to chime in, bud :sidelaugh

I'm sure folks have seen enough of my stuff. I want to get some of the other staff members machines out there. Maybe get BOSOX to get that JD 200 series done and ready for a calendar shoot. Maybe sitting on it, with his arms crossed, looking off to the setting sun, between his boat and vintage Olds! The man..........and his machine! :tango_face_glasses:

Sound good everyone? Ok, let's all send Mike a pm and encourage him. Maybe you could post some pics of the beast, Mike? A little progress update, perhaps?

Problem with Mike is I think he sold that tractor to buy the boat fuel!? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Problem with Mike is I think he sold that tractor to buy the boat fuel!? Lol

No, not that Mike, Eric. I'm talking about BOSOX. You know, the one that's loaded with cash :thThumbsU

Ok folks, let's keep getting them votes in, this is important stuff. Oh, and don't forget those pm's to ole BOSOX :thanku:

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
No, not that Mike, Eric. I'm talking about BOSOX. You know, the one that's loaded with cash :thThumbsU

Ok folks, let's keep getting them votes in, this is important stuff. Oh, and don't forget those pm's to ole BOSOX :thanku:

Last he told me he wanted me to donate to the "watch Mike fish" fund? Sounded like a pyramid scheme to me........ bwhaha!
;)

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Last he told me he wanted me to donate to the "watch Mike fish" fund? Sounded like a pyramid scheme to me........ bwhaha!
;)

Hey, I just said he was rich..........I never said he made it honestly :rolleyes:

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,135 Posts
I say yes- whats to stop someone who worked hard from winning? And the winners are picked by the masses anyway- it would not be prudent for all the admin to vote on an admins machine, but that is between you and God- I say, enter away! I used to think it wasn't fair to nominate your own machine for the contest, but rules say thats ok so why not?

·
Premium Member
7,125 Posts
I'm sure folks have seen enough of my stuff. I want to get some of the other staff members machines out there. Maybe get BOSOX to get that JD 200 series done and ready for a calendar shoot. Maybe sitting on it, with his arms crossed, looking off to the setting sun, between his boat and vintage Olds! The man..........and his machine!

I concur!

BTW, thanks for everyone who's voiced their opinion so far. We want to hear all sides, yay or nay and that's why we've given the choice to you to decide. :tango_face_smile:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.