My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says. Has anybody here ever used machinderfinder to buy a tractor from. Or any other sales site to buy one also. Have you used machinefinder to finiance your used machine. Just asking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used it to search for 30 to 40 hp tractors when I was looking. Found and bought my '05 3320 from a dealer about 300 miles away from home using it. It was a good experience for this purchase.

I have located other equipment using it too. Some I purchased, some I did not. I still have to make the trek and check it out first...

-John

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,161 Posts
I've use www.tractorhouse.com as well a few times. Great experience. Got call the dealers, don't go by the online price.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Bought my x530 off of Machinefinder. I could not find a used x530 here locally except new and I found a low hour 2011 tractor for a great price in the US and got it shipped part way and then picked it up at the border. It all worked out good for me. The Deere dealership was good to deal with.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Used machinefinder to locate a cab for my 455. No big deal, cab was only 1230 miles away. Worked with the JD dealership with getting it shipped. 16 days later, mounted on the tractor. Couldn't find one closer OR cheaper .

·
I color outside the lines
2,159 Posts
Bought my 2305 off machinefinder. Found a steal of a deal at a dealer on a new one for less money shipped than I could buy a 300 hour one at the local dealers.

So glad I used it. Didnt use it for anything like financing.

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
I mostly use machinefinder for pricing and seeing what dealers in my area have on the lot. For me what kills a good deal may end up being the shipping or my added cost/time of picking it up. slkpk

·
I color outside the lines
2,159 Posts
The shipping was not as bad as I thought. Bob, I think I told you via PM or email what I ended up paying. I used U-ship to get quotes on shipping and those guys get pretty competitive when on a backhaul. Cost $400 to get my 2305 with loader and mower deck shipping from Indiana to my front door (Iowa).

That said, I would much rather use my local dealer if all things were equal but we were talking about $3,000 savings. Some states have different tax laws and you dont pay sales tax for 3rd party pickup. So on a big ticket items the savings in sales tax will pay the freight easy !

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I cruise Machinefinder and Tractorhouse quite often. Not only seeing whats out there, but its a good place to see what items are worth. Just keep in mine, most of the listings are from dealers, so the prices will be just a bit higher than buying from a individual. :fing32:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.