My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my Kubota 5660 for right at a year now. I bought it new along with several different attachments, one of which is a Lane Shark (front lift mounted hydraulic mower).

When I first bought all this equipment the dealer had to install a second set of remotes on the front (in addition to the grapple connections) for the Lane Shark to connect to. One connection includes a hose that simply goes from the rear remote high pressure side, the other connection is the return line back to the sump. To engage the Lane Shark you simply operate the handle for the rear remote, which locks into detents for either up or down function (down is the only operabe function in this configuration). Grapple functions are supplied through an electric rocker switch on the loader handle. I know, but it sounds more complicated than it really is.

So, when I first started running this Lane Shark the rear remote would automatically disengage if the blades bound up and quit turning, which is quite often when dealing with vines (or a hidden roll of barbed wire:duh:)or if a stick got jammed between the deck and blade carrier. However, I have recently noticed the rear function is no longer automatically disengaging the hydraulics when it binds up, instead I have to physically disengage it which can't mean anything good in itself but it also seems to be causing an O-ring on one of the hoses for my grapple connections to blow. I have replaced 3 O-rings in the last 12 hours of equipment use. Is there some kind of pressure adjustment that I'm overlooking that needs to be adjusted or is this a sign of an internal pump issue?
 

·
Professional Homeowner
Joined
·
7,200 Posts
I just had a similar issue with the valve on my loader. The detent was incredibly difficult to engage/disengage. In my case, the detent was all crudded up with dirt and other contamination, as it just isn't factory sealed in any way shape or form.
Assuming the valve is accessible, it should be pretty easy to remove the cover on the detent.

When I took mine off, it kind of grenaded on me (steel balls went everywhere). I recommend cleaning the floor before taking off that cover, just in case you end up looking for small parts. I had no clue how mine went back together, as I didn't see it as it fell apart, so I just Youtube'd how to rebuild a detent valve, and learned the trick to reassembly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will look into that. Thankfully the valve is fairly accessible but it's also right on top, just above all the dust and crud kicked up by the 7ft bush hog. With all the dirt and debris I'm constantly knocking off the PTO shroud, it could be that simple. It doesn't feel odd to me engaging and disengaging but that's not to say the hydraulics aren't having a problem doing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, that wasn't it. I can disconnect the actuator rod and function the valve just as easily as using the main handle. No grinding or crunching of sand, the valve rod has no rust or anything on it.

On the bright side I did finally figured out how to work those quick connects. I don't have any hydraulic capable rear attachments yet so I've never had to disconnect the hose. Never seen a simple push/pull quick connect like these before.

I guess my next move is to build me a pressure gauge and check my pressure. I've been avoiding do it because I'm afraid of what I will discover.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll head over there and see if anything jumps out. I hate to clog the site with a duplicate thread. I didn't notice a hydraulics section as I stumbled through the door, guess I should've looked a little closer.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top