My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M44 mower deck. 222 1977
Mounting frame to quick hitch the front bolts. the holes in the mounting frame are out of round. And are the 2 holes in the quick hitch bracket have threads in them?
Also are the 2 links (c18315) that attach the mower to tractor lift bracket, are they straight or bend a little?
When i read different posts about what type hydraulic oil to use in system. Are you all talking straight motor oil? 20w50 or 15w40. How many quarts does it hold? (1977 222).
What type oil do i use in the rear?
thanks
allen

Attachments

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Either of those two MOTOR oils will work fine
Figure on approx 6 qts for hyd system
Same oil goes in transaxle, under a qt.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
M44 mower deck. 222 1977
Mounting frame to quick hitch the front bolts. the holes in the mounting frame are out of round. And are the 2 holes in the quick hitch bracket have threads in them?
Also are the 2 links (c18315) that attach the mower to tractor lift bracket, are they straight or bend a little?
When i read different posts about what type hydraulic oil to use in system. Are you all talking straight motor oil? 20w50 or 15w40. How many quarts does it hold? (1977 222).
What type oil do i use in the rear?
thanks
allen

The problem with old decks is that you cannot rely that repairs have been made with the correct parts. This is WHY I constantly suggest that current owners go to the Ingersoll website and download the correct parts manuals for their tractor and implements. You can drill those holes out to a bolt size that works or you can drill them out and then weld in bushings to return the holes to the original diameter. The holes in the hitch bracket were not threaded.

Yes.... you use MOTOR OIL ONLY in the hydraulic system. Either grade will work fine and either grade will work in your trans-axle, as 99flhr has correctly stated. Trans-axles with only a fill/level plug on the rear and a drain plug at the bottom, normally need 3 quarts to fill them whereas the later models with an extra level plug on the side only need one pint of oil.

The lift links should be 100 percent straight up and down and the slot should be evenly spaced top to bottom.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
caseman looking at the downloaded manuals i have put into binders so i would be able to look up parts and drawing.
caseman yes in manual it has straight and bent ones thats why i asked.

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
I used a bronze bushing on a over sized hole once, the bushing had a shoulder on one end, work good and if it wears out, just get another one. What did the bolt look like?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bolt was fine. My consider is on the mower frame the hole is much larger then the quick hitch bracket hole. The bolt went from inside frame threw to hitch bracket. It then screwed in to bracket hole and a nut. There was play in the mounting frame hole. I just figured the mounting frame hole was to big and that's were I'm getting the play at.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
The problem with old decks is that you cannot rely that repairs have been made with the correct parts. This is WHY I constantly suggest that current owners go to the Ingersoll website and download the correct parts manuals for their tractor and implements. You can drill those holes out to a bolt size that works or you can drill them out and then weld in bushings to return the holes to the original diameter. The holes in the hitch bracket were not threaded.

Yes.... you use MOTOR OIL ONLY in the hydraulic system. Either grade will work fine and either grade will work in your trans-axle, as 99flhr has correctly stated. Trans-axles with only a fill/level plug on the rear and a drain plug at the bottom, normally need 3 quarts to fill them whereas the later models with an extra level plug on the side only need one pint of oil.

The lift links should be 100 percent straight up and down and the slot should be evenly spaced top to bottom.
I can't find the link to the Ingersoll site that has the manuals and parts list. could you post if for us.
Nick

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when out today and got 2 flange bushing to install in the mounting frame. works great
thanks
allen
p.s now i need a spacer for my clutch that i brought used.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts