My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm enjoying learning about Lawnboy on this forum. Growing up in St Louis, I have only seen one Lawnboy in my entire life. Its funny how different regions have different brand preferences. Anyway, I've been looking at the parts breakdowns of the M series and Vacu-Bagger. I see similarities in design, but thats about it. The height detents, hadle mounts, trans cover and chute door are completely different, not to mention engine , bbc and trans differences. Am I comparing the correct two? I'm used to the car industry where brand sharing is the same car with different headlights and badges.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you looking at the Toro 22189 Hi-Vac? It's sometimes called the "red M-series" because the deck shape is basically the same. But the deck is much thicker and it has all the other changes you mentioned to make it suitable for commercial use. They never made a residential Toro version of the M-series as far as I know.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Ah, that's the Vacu-Power series. They just resemble the M, nothing is shared between them. Great mowers except they kick up lots of dust. You should really think about keeping one of them. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts