My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently found a box that I had forgotten about when I purchased my LX178 used. This was 13 years ago and vaguely remember it being parts to a snowblower - but I didn't get the snowblower. I got tire chains, belts, and this stuff. Looking to get rid of it, but no idea what its called. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
I don't know if you have everything but it looks like at least parts to the mounting kit for the 38" or 42" snowblower. The 42" was never designed for the LX series but JD made a mount kit for it and the blower and mount kit. can still be bought from Deere, but it might be for the 38" also.. Check the part numbers and verify what they go to thru JD parts. I can tell for certain that it is not for the 42" blade.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I just got a 42" for the LX188 and all of those parts are there. I have the owners manual too but they don't identify the part #'s but JD parts should.

P.S. Haven't tried to mount it yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is in the pic is all I have besides the tire chains. I think he was going to get another JD and keep the blower, so maybe this is model specific mounting hardware? I never saw the blower, so no idea what size. Thanks for ideas...I'll run the numbers thru jd parts

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
most of what is in your pic is the manual lift kit i.e. the boomerang thing is the " welded lift arm " the thing @ the top with 2 arms " front lift shaft" There are 55 pages because it adapts to so many models LX 172 thru LX188 and GT242to GT275 and LX 277 yadi yadi ya and it seems each has an adapter kit.
My only hope is the PO had it on the unit I bought from him so I should be able to figure it out in a few hours LOL
My new #44 blower on my X520 is on in 5 minutes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts