My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever used a john deere lx277 to pull a one bottom shallow plow. for a short distance..maybe 150 feet. need to bury a wire that has to stay close to the ground. Any info or Advice is graetly appreciated.. thanks Wade

·
Super Moderator
5,838 Posts
Welcome aboard Wade, glad to have you at MTF.

Most of the guys are napping... hang on a bit. Almost dawn on the East Coast.

Also, moving this to the JD L&G forum so it gets more attention.

·
Super Moderator
35,268 Posts
Welcome to MTF Wade! The LX series machines are not meant for ground engaging operations, that would likely cause damage to the transmission. Anyways there is a lot of info here and great members to help, enjoy the site! Here is some site navigation assistance in case you need it:

·
Resident John Deere Tech
1,671 Posts
I disagree @PA318Guy the lx277 comes with a K62, which is rated as a GT (light duty) trans...

·
Super Moderator
35,268 Posts
Well no rear ground engaging attachments are shown for it on JD info as I'm sure you know. Just recommending on the safe side, it is always up to the owner to decide what they are going to use it for.

·
Resident John Deere Tech
1,671 Posts
Well no rear ground engaging attachments are shown for it on JD info as I'm sure you know. Just recommending on the safe side, it is always up to the owner to decide what they are going to use it for.
true, i was just letting the OP know that his transmission CAN handle it, depending on the OP's fab skills, they could possibly make a ripper similar to this one... Trencher for a FEL

·
Registered
355 Posts
Depending upon how shallow he trench needs to be you can usually get 6" from a good pressure washer.
Scrape the the full length with a pick axe or similar
Then do a run with the washer, mainly to wet the ground & soften it a little
The do a second , third or fourth about 2" at a time

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi I made a plow that replaced one of My deck wheels, could raise and lower, cut trench for dod fence, this was on a 42 inch lx277

1 - 9 of 9 Posts