My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having little luck locating a LT26 hitch for Case 644. Do have a line on a HH34, would it be a direct bolt up or would I be looking at significant mods to make it work.
Does the three point hitch T into the same spool (2?) that is used for deck lift

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I'm speculating a bit since I don't have 644 but I have the successor 6018 and I have both the LT26 hitch and the heavier duty version used on the loaders. I believe either hitch will mount without any modification since the rear ends of the tractors they are normally used on are the same. On my 6018 the hitch cylinder hydraulic circuit has a much higher pressure than the deck lift circuit on a 400 series which uses the LT26 hitch so the lift capacity is significantly higher. I believe the 3 pt lift on your tractor would be teed into the deck lift circuit or it could be set up with a selector valve so that you could work the deck lift and 3 pt lift independently of one another with the same control.

If I were going to add a 3 pt to a loader I would go with the heavier duty hitch and plumb it so that I had higher pressure to the lift cylinder in order to have the greater lifting capability. What you choose to do should take into account how you intend to use the 3 pt. If you intend to use the 3 pt attachments typically used with a 400 series tractor then the lighter weight hitch will be just fine.

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
The HH34 is designated as directly compatible with the 6xx loaders. It will most certainly bolt up correctly and work with your loader hydraulics.

That said, I think it should be no problem.

However, I would caution that you may have some PTO line interferences. I know for fact the 400's would ... but I've not had a 600 together with an HH34 to confirm it does or does not.

Brian

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys but just to clarify.
The ingersoll website shows that the LT26 is the appropriate hitch for the 6XX tractors. And the J or H 26 is exclusively for the 400 series. I bought a hitch from a 446 that doesn't come close to fitting. It would sure help if anyone had an actual photo of what the LT26 looks like as I have not seen one yet. I have seen the HH44 and my only concern is that there does not appear to be a hole in the hitch plate for what looks to be a drain plug on the back of the tractor rear end.
Just wanted to be sure as I already have the 446 hitch that I need to sell and didn't want to have another $400 tied up in a second that didn't work.
As you can imagine the wife is already questioning my competence.
Then again she was doing that before I ever brought home the tractor

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Mike,

Though I have several types of 3 pt hitches I'm not familiar with the correct model designations so I would go by whatever Brian can tell as he is a knowledgeable dealer. If the plug on the rear of the transmission is a major problem you have two choices, one is to cut a hole in the hitch plate and the other is to replace the plug with a flush allen head plug. You can drain the transmission with a plug on the side and you can fill it by removing the right side bolt on the top of the transmission.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Bart,
If your looking to sell any of the three hitches you referenced I'd love to see whatcha got
thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts