My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the mower deck and the motor, what are the difference between the two on those models from about 10-12 years ago? Is the rest of the mower basically the same? Such as the seat, hood, tires, etc......?

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Steve: Thanks for that link. It made the comparison easy and I think you are right that they are basically the same minus the deck and motor.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Hey Steve: Thanks for that link. It made the comparison easy and I think you are right that they are basically the same minus the deck and motor.
According to Tratordata the engine is the same 1cyl 19hp 596cc Kohler Courage .

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just for mowing my half acre. Some hills, bumpy as **** and several trees and other obstacles.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
Just for mowing my half acre. Some hills, bumpy as **** and several trees and other obstacles.
I wouldn't buy anything for mowing hills and bumps that didn't have a foot controlled hydro. What is your price range? Found a great deal on a Cub XT3 in Lansing for $1550.
ccc.JPG

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not currently in the market for one. I do have a LT1045 with hydro. What makes an XT1 so much better than an LT? Also, I wouldn't really want/need a 50" deck. My yard isn't that big and I have quite a few obstacles to mow around and between.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
I am not currently in the market for one. I do have a LT1045 with hydro. What makes an XT1 so much better than an LT? Also, I wouldn't really want/need a 50" deck. My yard isn't that big and I have quite a few obstacles to mow around and between.
Thats a shaft drive XT3. The transmission in it will last for the rest of your life lol.

If I were in the market for an LT for your yard it would have a hump in the floorpan. 2000 series minus the AGS transmission LTs. That covers the driveshaft. A 2166 would be ideal. Most also have commercial engines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts