My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-

Looking for some assistance on a model #917 273399 LT1000.
There's a wire linkage piece that goes from the area circled back to parts unknown on the carb, and of course the manual is unclear about it.

If anyone just has a simple pic of this assembly, it'd be a huge help!

Thanks a lot-
Paul

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Hello PaulS, there is a rod connected to the choke lever on top of the carb, toward the engine. This rod is bent double at its backside, and fits through the slot in the bracket you have circled. When you move the throttle control past 'Full' to 'Choke', a tab rotates up and pushes on that rod.

The photo I have posted is for a 28cid flathead Briggs, but carb and governor set-up is very similar to your OHV engine.

All of this is assuming you don't have a separate choke cable, which I didn't see in your photo.

Good Luck!

Seth K. Pyle

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Seth of course nailed it, but thought I'd post anyway.
Here's the setup on my LT 1000, sans oil filter.

Attachments

·
Certified Technician
8,420 Posts
Id be interested to know how that linkage came off...The carb looks dirty, so it most likely wasnt removed to be cleaned, and the linkage lost in the process.

To remove that linkage without removing the carb is just about impossible without bending and forcing alot of stuff.

And the mounting point that would be used for a seperate choke cable isnt in use, and the LT-1000 didnt work that way anyhow....

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I was kinda wondering the same thing myself. Short of removing the carb, that link doesn't come off...

Seth K. Pyle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it is truly a pain in the ***, but those pics helped me immeasurably.

Thanks to all!

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Hello biggreen9092, no, nothing attaches to the looped end of the choke link. When the throttle is moved past full and into the choke position, a tab on the governor bracket rotates up and pushes on the choke link, closing the choke. When you move the throttle out of choke, the tab rotates down, and the tension spring around the choke shaft in the carb opens the choke.

Seth K. Pyle

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
what about the opposite end of the black lever on the carb? does anything connect there?
OK, do you mean the end of the black plastic choke lever that the little rod in question connects to, or the opposite end of the choke lever?

If it is the opposite end of the choke lever, then a separate choke cable can hook up to this point, with the cable being secured to the throat of the air cleaner assembly. If your tractor has a separate choke knob on the dash, then that is how it will be set up.

I have dealt with a few tractors that have had a separate choke cable AND the little linkage rod we are talking about. Here are a couple of photos from a 2001 YardMachines (MTD) with a B&S 13hp flathead with a separate choke cable and the little linkage rod.

Seth K. Pyle

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts