My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2.5 acres a little over 2 years ago and have been watching this site on what to buy. I previously owned a self-propelled Deere walk-behind that lasted 17 years and is still running - so I guess I'm a Deere fan. I finally decided to buy a Deere LA-175 this last weekend because I could get a new one for $2300.

I'm anticipating some people jumping on me for the LA choice and trust me I looked hard at the x300/304 but really couldn't seem to justify the $1000+ price difference for a similar setup. I realize the x300 series has a smaller but better engine, better bearings etc, more 'stuff', but the same K46 tranny. I tend to be a little compulsive on good maintenance so I couldn't justify the difference. Also, I have a very good neighbor with a Deere 4120 monster who let's me borrow it whenever I need anything moved around.

Eventually, I'd like to move up to the 2305 or 2320 but for now I have other more important things to spend my money on like kids braces and the such. I joined so I could keep up with discussions about my LA-175 and issues around it's components like the k46 to k66 swap, JBjr, and anything else that seems to interest me. I really want to maximize the use I get out of this machine. -- Thanks!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
:Welcome1: and definately :wwp:

Have fun with your new machine. It's great to have you.

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new Deere. Glad to have you.

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
netwerkd, I have a neighbor that has the LA series tractor and has owned it for 3 years now and it has been trouble free for him. You take good care of it and it should last a long time. Welcome to MTF!:Welcome:

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
netwerkd

If you haven’t already, be sure and check out our Lawn and Garden Tractors By Brand/ John Deere Forum here. http://www.mytractorforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12
:MTF_wel2: We are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Hello from Camano Island. I recently purchased a LA175 and really like it since I mow about 4 acres.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts