My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me the part number for the deck lift cable on an LT 2000 with a 42 inch deck. I'm trying to fix it for a neighbor at the lake, but it is about 100 miles from here and I don't have exact model number. I would like to order that part and be able to take it up there and fix it, if that is possible without the exact model number. Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one has a lever in the dash which attaches to a cable which comes down to a bracket at the back of the deck. This attaches to a spring which attaches to a stud on top of an idler pulley.

Could be that I have the prefix of the tractor wrong. I know the 2000 is correct.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Randy...My LT2000, model # 917.273180, the instruction booklet lists item 152, clutch cable 42 inch, part #169676, on page 46/47. The instruction booklet is on sears.com .
Sears parts direct lists 169676 being substituted with 175067, cost $27.20. It looks like it contains the cable, the spring and the bolt that the spring attaches to.
This may be a 'universal' one size fits all cable used for many years on many different modles.
Good luck.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Or, if he knew it didn't have a deck cable he could help with the only cable on the deck or not post at all.
I resent the insinuation that I was not trying to be helpful. I think I post a lot of helpful info here on MTF.

Since you got your answer before you even replied to my post, there was no need for me to provide the answer. I was just attempting a bit of humor. Sorry your funnybone is broken.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On second thought, I apologize for being a jerk and thinking that you were.

Not sure what I was thinking about when I titled the thread anyway.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Yup, the 'newer' stuff uses solid linkages for deck raise/lower.
I remember using some tractor in teh past that used a cable for the raise/lower of the deck. One pain in the butt. Cable had to be lathered up with grease, ran thru a sheave mounted right next to your right foot, next to the clutch pedal. One slip into the cable, your foot slipped all day on that clutch pedal. That's when 'grease' was REAL grease.

Randy, might want to make sure that the mechanism on top of the mower deck is freed up and lubricated, before you tear into it. Just tried mowing with my LT2000, and the blades wouldn't engage. Yup, mechanism seized up again. Time to find some REAL grease.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts