My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to start my LT180 a couple of days ago and my hand slipped off the key, effectively short starting the engine. It was about half cranked over and then my hand slipped, no big deal, or so I thought. I couldn't get the engine to do anything after that. I have checked the safety switches on the seat, brake, etc. all good. I have checked the fusible link, replaced it just because, no effect. I can jump the lawnmower with my car and it runs. When I try to use the backup override while the mower deck is engaged and the engine appears to lose electrical power and stalls out. When I turn the key from engine running to headlights on, the engine stalls (with or without the mower deck engaged). If I disengage the mower deck I can then backup without an issue, re-engage the mower deck and away I go.

I am wondering if the battery is bad, it is only about a month or two old. When I try to start the engine without jumping, I get nothing. The hour meter comes on after a few seconds but when I turn the key to the crank position the hour meter goes blank. I tried leaving the key in the crank position for a few seconds I did get a couple of clicks from I can guess would be the starter.

I am confused, any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
484 Posts
That happened to me on a stx46.It was the key switch.I put another one on from a different machine and it fired up.Could be a loose ground too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts