My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a LT 1000 with a hydro tranny, My son used it and now it sorta goes in and out of gear. On the flat it will pull then coast and the pull and so forth. On a hill it will pull like it should. Any ideas what might be wrong. I am dreading your answers. hydo tranny going. Please let me know thanks

· Registered
1,432 Posts
Go for the easy stuff first, look at the belt, and any idler pulleys that might we frozen or whatever. The clutch spring tension should also be considered, provided your son didn't do any adjusting or fixing on the thing.

wwxx

· Registered
834 Posts
Also, since you said hydro. Check the pin in the back that allows you to push the tractor. Make sure it is in all the way.

· Registered
254 Posts
I have a 2006 LT1000, and thought it was a hydro but it's not.
LAWN TRACTOR
17.5 HP, 42" Mower
Electric Start
6 Speed Transaxle
Model No.
_]I had been shifting on the fly when I first got it last year and then I read a decal on the lower dash that said apply brakes/clutch, shift to desired gear and then release the brake /clutch. I stopped shifting it on the fly.
Marvin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.