My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,
I replaced my fuel lines and can't remember how they were run or a reasonable way to get them to the filter and then to the tank. It seems like the lines are way too close to the stuff that gets hot!!

So if anyone can either post some pics, a diagram, or a detailed description I would be very, very, very pleased.

Thanks a bunch!
Bryce :banghead3

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Yup! That's how mine is, sorta. I put an inexpensive fuel shut off valve before the filter, just above the oil filter.
I let the engine run out dry after each mow to limit the amount of crud that grows in the carb.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Hello Bryce, here is the fuel routing from my old LT1000 with the 19.5hp Opposed Twin. From the fuel tank, which is the one you have now, the fuel line traveled from the outlet of the fuel tank, along the inside of the left side frame rail, up through a plastic grommet into the area under/behind the dash on the left side. From there, it went up and then horizontally through another plastic grommet through the upper part of the left side dash support. Next it went into the upper back of the left side cylinder head air baffle on the engine, across the top of the left cylinder, then out the front air baffle at the front of the engine. From here, the fuel line loops to the right and up to the inlet of the fuel pump on the carburetor.

Follow along with the pictures from the upper part of the left side dash support. You can see the little red fuel filter for reference.

Good Luck!!

Seth K. Pyle

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts