My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the approx.weight of a lowboy 154?
I'm thinking about buying one but not sure if my little trailer will haul it. I've hauled a Wheelhorse D180 and a Powerking 2414 with no problems.I believe my trailer is rated at 1500 lbs.and its 5x10 and has 12in tires single axle.

Thanks for any info!

TM

·
Registered
69 Posts
Tough to say about the weight. It's probably a lot heavier than it looks compared to a modern GT, but not as heavy as an A.

I'm guessing the LoBoy itself weighs right around 1300-1500lbs.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Should be around 1300 to 1400 lbs. give or take a few lbs. Now thats without any Implements. Man I'd be a little afraid with the 12 tires. But then that's me. I have two trailers one converted jet-ski with 12 in tires but I would not think of haulin a cub on it. Its 65 inches between the wheels and has hauled LT 1000 and CUB Cadet at the same time as configured but I think its a stretch. Then again I have no idea how much 2 jet skis weighed.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
The weight of the 154 loboy is 1480 w/o mower or wheel weights. 3pt if equipped will also add some weight. You have to also take into consideration the weight of your trailer and what your trailer is rated for. Off hand I would say you are a little under gunned.

Kirk

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.Since I posted this question I hauled a Regular Farmall Cub with fluid in the tires no wheel weights but had a sicklebar mower cultivators and fertilize hopper.I won't do it again as you couldn't get your little finger between the fender
and top of the wheel and before I loaded it there was about 6in of room between them.I hauled it about 40 miles and made it fine but it was pushing it.I hauled a load of scrap iron off and when I sold it it weighed 1653lbs.It never made the trailer squat like the Cub did though.

TM

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I have overloaded my trailer a couple times when I didn't know the weight of the tractor. Broke the shackle to the springs once. Made it home ok, very carefully. It just ain't worth it. Not only that God forbid you get it an accident because of the trailer being overloaded. It would surprise me if the insurance company won't cover your claim.
Use common sence and be careful.
Have a Merry Christmas,
Kirk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts