My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to move 60cy of fill several hundred feet, including a section of driveway. Pushing/pulling on the ground won't work. If I use my loader bucket I'm looking at around 60 trips.

Our old garden tractor had a heavy duty trailer with a manual dump - great for moving lots of material at once.

Does anyone make a slightly larger dump trailer like that, for CUTs?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Ok, so you drive to your pile, unhook, load the trailer, then re-hook, right?

Dang, that trailer sure will be a bear to pick up and re-hook if its like most garden trailers!!!

If you use the same machine to fill & tow you'll need a trailer with dual axles and no tongue weight.

OR

Get a ball hitch receiver for the 3PH & a trailer with a ball coupler and jack. Leave jack partway down, to unhook just drop the 3PH and uncouple, to hook back under trailer lift & lock!!

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
how long is your FEL bucket trip from source to destination?.... 60 trips don't seem so bad - more seat time... and may take a lot less time than unhooking, loading, re-hooking, driving, dumping with the trailer.

Secondly, a dump-trailer will not take a CY of dirt - too heavy for it. So if your bucket takes a 1CY, and your trailer takes say 1/2 CY, then you reduce the number of trips from 60 to 45. Not much gain if you ask me.

They make heavy duty hydraulic dump trailers - maybe you can rent one from a local farm supply or co-op?... those may take a full CY, or even more - which may make it worth while.

cheers!

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
A dump trailer that is made for pick-up's.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Just get a simple car trailer with a front retractable wheel. It shouldn't cost you to much and it will hold much more than the bucket. Further you can use it with your car to transport other things.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
No, implement hydraulics require that the tractor has a rear remote. A rear remote is a valve on the tractor that is plumbed to a set of quick disconnects at the rear of the tractor. The hydraulic hoses from the implement connect to the tractors disconnects.

927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, implement hydraulics require that the tractor has a rear remote. A rear remote is a valve on the tractor that is plumbed to a set of quick disconnects at the rear of the tractor. The hydraulic hoses from the implement connect to the tractors disconnects.
Can rear hydraulics be added to any tractor? (yanmar 1601d)

·
22,749 Posts
Since you already have a loader, yes.

Check with your dealer for a price to start with and find out if your loader valve requires a power beyond kit. Then you can price out the costs of the required parts from other sources. Basically you need a single spool valve set (2 spool will give you more options), 3 hoses, 2 sets of quick disconnects, and fittings to connect it all together. Add fabricating mounting brackets and tie straps to the list to complete the job.

Plumbing it all together is pretty simple, but where to put everything for your operating convenience will involve a lot of head scratching.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I guess it depends on how much you want to spend, we have one that holds 5 cu/yds and pull it with a 3320 which has a brake controller for the trailer, it's made here in Canada and I bought it through Deere but it was around $5,800

If you only have 60 yards to move you might want to consider renting a backhoe with a 2 yard bucket or get a payloader to come in and they would be done in 12 trips.

Failing which just keep at it with the FEL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts