My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Transplanted Buckeye
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been visiting this site and TractorByNet since December of 2008 when I realized the used 2002 John Deere X585 with Curtis Cab, 47 snow blower, and 62" deck that I purchased for maintaining our new home that we were in the process of building was not going to be able handle all of the additional task that I had envisioned when I bought it in the spring.:crybaby: Through reading past posts I quickly decided the 2305 was the way to go for me. I was able to sell the X585, without the deck and this deck works with my new 2305. I am attaching pictures of the Machine I am replacing and some picture of me tilling the garden and of my wife and daughter on the machine in our driveway.

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
DaleJR88Fan, First off :Welcome1: Congrats on your new 2305.
I firmly believe that these little tractors are bullit proof. You
have a great looking place.:thThumbsU

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
Dale,

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: Congrats on your upgrade! :)

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
DaleJR88Fan

Congrats on your new 2305 and that X585 you sold looked awesome. I'm sure it was a fine piece of machinery. I am also a old #3 fan and a #88 fan! I believe you are going to be pleased with your new 2305 and the front end loader will make you smile as you find more uses for it than you can imagine. :Welcome1: We are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
Transplanted Buckeye
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Welcome guys. I am going to get plenty of use out of my new machine. Yes the X585 was a fine piece of machinery and the cab and snowblower worked great. I am going to miss that cab during the winter, it was nice and toasty. But unfortunately, I didn't figure out until after I bought it and researched the forums that I couldn't put a FEL on it without taking off the cab (too much work) and it was just too costly to add 3pt and rear pto. Though I did make some money when I sold it and used the profits a down payment on the new ride and took advantage of JD 0% for 48 months. I will be busy this year getting our 2.5 acres leveled out and ready for seed and mowing what weeds are left after the house was built. The FEL is a wonderful addition to my tool arsenal and the BB is helping level out the mess from all the snow and rain this winter. Weather turned cold and wet to soon last fall to bury the drainage tiles so everything drained in the 5 acre pond in our 24 lot country subdivision.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi Brian

I upgraded last year from an X475 to a 2320 for many of the same reasons. The loader is super handy and a real back saver when anything heavy needs to be carried. Looks like you have a good sized garden there. I wish I had more space for mine. Thanks for the pictures.

Cheers
Brian

·
Transplanted Buckeye
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JDBrian,

Its not too bad. I think it is around 100' x 30'. The other pile of dirt in the picture is the septic mound that I am hoping to get seeded this spring or fall. I wish I could afford the 2320, but I wasn't able to reuse the deck with the 2320 and once all the landscaping is completed the majority of my time is going to be spent with mowing, flower bed maintenance, garden tilling, and snow removal. I will take some more pictures tomorrow of the whole lot and some of my other attachments. Start my Firefighter 1 and 2 training tonight for our VFD, so no time to play on the tractor tonight.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:congrats: :congrats: and enjoy the tractor along with your new home. :thanku: for the pics and were looking forward to more of them. slkpk

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
Hi DaleJR88Fan ,

Congratulations on the new Tractor and thanks for the pictures !!!

Where in IN. are you planted ???

That's a mighty big garage , is the 8' bay for the Tractor ???

Did you also keep the Snow Blower ???

Just curious , are those wheel weights in the front wheels of your old
X585 ??? Sorry for all the questions ...

Later,x595

·
Transplanted Buckeye
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
X595,

The X585 I only had for about 8 or 9 months, and it was originally bought for just snow blowing and didn't have a deck. When I bought it from the dealer, I purchased a brand new deck to complete the package and I ended up selling the unit, minus the deck, to someone in MN who just wanted it for commercial snow blowing. The disks on the front wheels are just hubcaps not wheel weights as far as I could tell and find out during my research.

I am located in Roanoke, between Huntington and Fort Wayne.

My shop is actually an L shaped building and it still a work in progress (just moved in this past December and it was too cold :snowing: most of the winter to work on the wiring and getting everything insulated so i can button it up inside and now outside projects and fire training are getting first priority) and I am not going to show the inside until it is more presentable. I am going to take more pictures of the property tonight and will explain where the tractor sleeps. The 9' x 7' and 16' x 7' doors in the picture are actually for the woodshop portion of the shop with the provision for additional toy parking if needed in the future. Here are a few pictures of the layout of the shop.

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
DaleJR88Fan ,

:thanku: for the answers and that's a real nice shop ...

I'm about 20 miles West of South Bend ...

Later,x595

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Your shop is missing the "formal dog-house"... ie a bed / bedroom.

you're also have not identified a place for the wood-stove, the couch, beer fridge and TV.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi Brian

Looks like a super shop. Quite large. How are you going to heat it? With oil prices where they are lots of insulation would be an excellent investment to say the least.
I looked at the 2305 when I traded up. I am building some trails through the woods on our property and I wanted the greater ground clearance of the 2320. I am happy I went with the 2320, as a couple of times it has pulled itself up out of unexpected hollows where a 2305 would have grounded out. The 2305 will do everything you need and it is a star performer as I am sure you will find out this summer.

Cheers
Brian

·
Transplanted Buckeye
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JDBrian,

I am planning on spending the money to insulate it well and the plan is to heat it mostly with firewood and my brother gave me a used geothermal unit that will be used for backup heat and cooling in the summer. I am attaching some more pictures of the tractor and implements and of the homestead.

Where the tractor exits the building. It has its own door in case the large overhead door is taken up by trailers and boat.

This is my Box Blade that I have added two 1/2 wheel weights off my dad's IH 706 that he got rid of. The weights really help it dig in and do a better job.

My deck was clean earlier, but with the rain we have had this year there are a lot of mudholes between the grass left in the back of the lot and the shop. You have to mow when you get a chance even if there are still some wet spots.

This is my Mashio tiller, it has been a wonderful tool. I could till the whole garden in less than a half hour per complete pass. A lot quicker than my old simplicity front tine tiller.

This is the Rotary Cutter I added to my arsenal. Didn't really have a need for it, but it came as a package with the box blade from a private seller.

This is a shot of the house and shop from the left side of our lot.

This is another shot of the house and shop from the left side of the lot, but from the left side portion of the u-shaped driveway.

Shot of the shop from the middle center of our lot.

Shot of the shop from the right side portion of the u-shaped driveway. You can see some of the windows I have in the Woodshop portion of my doghouse.

This is a view of the back of our house from the middle center of our lot. Eventually the covered porch will be screened in and an additional L-shaped deck will attach to the house where the band boards are already attached.

This shows the garden from the front left of our lot. You can kind of see the ditch, in bottom left corner, which I tilted the box blade to make to keep the runoff from the neighbors lot from running against my house.

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
Sweet looking place! Looks like you will have plenty of projects in
line for the 2305.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have got to say, you have one killer pad, has cribs been there yet????? :sidelaugh :sidelaugh :sidelaugh :sidelaugh

1 - 19 of 19 Posts