My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dug a trench yesterday to run power into my garage. Cut a 30' trench, 1' wide through the driveway, from the house to the garage. I piled all the gravel from the driveway, in one big pile, about 3' round, 1' high. Put the conduit/copper into the ground and its time to put the gravel back. Oh right I have a plow now on the 1476! In one swoop I pushed all the gavel into the trench. No struggle no whimpering just Bolens power.

Anyways heres the fun part. I don't have a working deck on the tractor at the moment. The backyard needs cutting. My father gifted me his Yardworks :banghead3 lawn tractor since he moved to a smaller property...

I hop on this rinky dink tractor. It wont start... no choke... oK... Open the hood, the hood falls onto the ground. oK... look at carb. no choke cable... ok... look at why the hood fell off, notice really bad welds on the frame and on the front deck supports, ok... Hold finger on choke and start it, runs, but no throttle positioning.... Okkkkkkkkk....... So I go and cut the grass, did one look around the backyard, its cutting, kinda... Then I hear CLUNK Bang, clunk... Look down and see a pulley, well part of it, come out from the belt serpentine... Well its running at this point and still cutting so I keep going... Belt comes off, as expected... Just checking out this thing now cuz I'm laughing inside... Front wheels whoble like a my grandma. Wow.

Yes, I know, the yardworks was beatup/neglected by an owner prior to my father, but I **** I love how strong my bolens is. I don't know weather to fix this yard-not-working or to just take the motor off for a side hobby or to sell it as is. I think it will be parted out.

cliffnotes:
-Bolens Power!
-Gifted old yardworks
-Yardworks trys to self destruct, who can blame it.
-Love my bolens

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
ha ha funny story!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Do the right thing and put the yardworks out of it's misery by smashing it with the bolens. then find a deck for it so you don't have to risk being seen on something like the yardworks again.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to steal the yardworks motor for whatever and yea, probably smash it with the bolens. lol...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts