My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very carefull prep and (I hate to say it, but hey we are in a recession) spray cans. Could have done a better job with a proper gun but no compressor here and I need this back together before the snow flies (any day noew here:fing20: )

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
Is orange the most used color among mower companies? Case, Ingersoll, Kubota, Ariens, Simplicity. Who else am I forgetting?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm surprised a rattle can yielded such good results. I'm in the same boat trying to get things done before snow but I've still got a 8 wks or so. Only 4 wks to freezing temps tho. Ya done good!

·
Registered
806 Posts
I gotta admire you guys who do restorations.

I barely have time / energy to do maintenance.

I'm looking forward to seeing it assembled. I'm crazy about ORANGE!:bannana:

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I barely have time / energy to do maintenance
Well this restoration is more like an intensive maintenance update. I am not aiming for 100% just trying to put together a working machine to be proud of. As for time this project has been going on for months and months and months. I figure that if I paid myself 3 dollars an hour for the time I have into it when I am done this old tractor would be worth what ingersoll charges for a new one LOL.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tins not done yet. I want to get the tin done by a pro but that needs to wait till everything mechanical is ship shape. (and until I save up my allowance money LOL.

Anyone know how long you need to wait after painting to apply decals?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
very carefull prep and (I hate to say it, but hey we are in a recession) spray cans. Could have done a better job with a proper gun but no compressor here and I need this back together before the snow flies (any day noew here:fing20: )
I have used the rattle cans and it can come out pretty nice, but on my newer projects I'm going to a spraygun with hardner, I want to do especially nice job with the 180 and the rest of them.

But rattle cans will suffice, especially considering the original paint on these wasn't much better, the paint can come off real easily and there is no primer underneath.

BTW Dave it does look good. :thThumbsU

1 - 12 of 12 Posts