Registered
2,420 Posts
Sweet-good job !

How did you size the belts?

·
2 stroke addict
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and where did you buy the belt? and what size is it? prob last longer than the orig snapper oem
Napa Auto.

George, I took the old one with me. the new one is 3/8" by 25", the old one was like 25 1/2", but Napa doesn't sell 1/2" sizes.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Napa Auto.

George, I took the old one with me. the new one is 3/8" by 25", the old one was like 25 1/2", but Napa doesn't sell 1/2" sizes.
Bet they'd have the smaller transbelt as well? Mine seems to struggle on the hills. I think a complete belt change and adjustment of the drive wheel is in order.

·
2 stroke addict
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bet they'd have the smaller transbelt as well? Mine seems to struggle on the hills. I think a complete belt change and adjustment of the drive wheel is in order.
they should, i didn't replace mine though. i will get you the part number on the drive belt in a little bit.

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Could you please explain what you did here? Did you change a tranny or something? I see a new main drive belt but no explanation to what you did to make it an extra speed....

Thx.

·
2 stroke addict
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
huh? my mower was not SP, and I changed it over to 6 Speed SP. i did not go from 5 to 6 speeds.

before the swap

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Could you please explain what you did here? Did you change a tranny or something? I see a new main drive belt but no explanation to what you did to make it an extra speed....

Thx.
I had an extra 6 speed deck complete with a dead briggs. Nick swapped his WR engine onto the dead briggs SP deck. Nice job.

Oh btw-Nick which SP pulley did you use the briggs one?

·
2 stroke addict
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had an extra 6 speed deck complete with a dead briggs. Nick swapped his WR engine onto the dead briggs SP deck. Nice job.

actually, the Briggs isn't dead, it has no spark though. going to put another coil on and see if it will run.

and also, i did not use your deck, I swapped all the SP parts over to my deck.

yes, I used the Briggs pulley.

the belt is a 3L250W.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
actually, the Briggs isn't dead, it has no spark though. going to put another coil on and see if it will run.

and also, i did not use your deck, I swapped all the SP parts over to my deck.

yes, I used the Briggs pulley.

the belt is a 3L250W.
Ah-I see nice way to do it. Well I guess what I meant by dead briggs is no spark so "in a coma" briggs might be better stated.

The part number is for the main drive belt correct? Mine is rather stretched so I am going to pick one of these up-and size up the small trans belt also.

Thanks

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts

Ohhh I see. Thx...was confused there.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
ya made it work out,
good job

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
napa isnt going to have the trans belt. its a special type belt. my napa dosnt sell the 25 inch belt you used either -26 is the shortest they list in their inventory. however a woman waited on me...... try tighting the trans belt adjustment spring if it slips. there is lots of adjustment on the spring

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
napa isnt going to have the trans belt. its a special type belt. my napa dosnt sell the 25 inch belt you used either -26 is the shortest they list in their inventory. however a woman waited on me...... try tighting the trans belt adjustment spring if it slips. there is lots of adjustment on the spring
Thanks Dan...I'll try that !

·
2 stroke addict
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you sure? i think my dads truck uses a similar type belt to drive the alternator and stuff, i am sure you could get it in a shorter size.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts