My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I lost my kitty last night, some one opened our fence gate after my grandmother let my cat out. nothing was stolen but I much rather have lost a tractor than my cat. My grandmother knows better than to let my cat out, I get after her a couple times each day but she kept saying its fine and now it's not fine and my cat is no where to be seen. I don't know what to do, I posted on craigslist but I don't have any reward, can't even afford to get my phone fixed so hopefully she comes home on her own.:banghead3:crybaby::banghead3:Disgus::sad_02:

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Hope she comes home, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
good luck man that sucks :(
if i wasnt broke (im having to do scrap meatal after work hardly getting any hours now) id help you out with some reward $$$$$

sorry man hope the cat comes back home, maybe leave some cat nip or something out my the door and keep an eye on it

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Hope it comes back. :praying:

·
certified tractor nut
1,424 Posts
sorry to hear that bill hopefully she will come back soon just try putting some food and water outside the door she will atleast stop by for a bite to eat and you can then get her inside

·
Registered
120 Posts
Has your kitty ever gotten out before? They say a cat can find it's way home only after a couple weeks in a new house so I'm sure your kitty will be home. Our kitty (when she sneaks out) comes home when she get's hungry. If you get up in the middle of the night, check the door. I will say a little prayer tonight for you and your kitty.

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, she was out once before a couple years ago but she came home one morning when she saw my grandfather leaving or work. I left the gate open a crack for her and will put her bowl of food out in case she does come home. she only knows the backyard, normally I only let her out when I'm out and I take her in when ever I go in even if it's just for a minute. She is declawed so she is defenseless, there was once last year when me and a buddy were out having a fire and another cat came in the yard and attacked her while on her leash, she was not able to defend herself and took a little beating in the second it took me to get to her. Hopefully she comes home because it's not normal for her not to be in my room at this time and its bugging me. I should have noticed something was up when she was not in bed when I went to bed last night. (she normally sprawls out and takes up the pillows and half the bed)

I used to have a picture of her stuck in one of my rabbit traps, it closed on her butt and she was squeezed in tight. I have to cut her out because she got her legs pinned between the trip pan and the front of the trap, she still tries to crawl into them if I'm not paying attention.

:thanku::thanku:

Attachments

·
certified tractor nut
1,424 Posts
cute kitten bill she looks just like one i had a long time ago

·
Registered
505 Posts
My little guy (indoor kitty) got scared with a bunch of people stomping their way into the house during a thunderstorm. They came in - he ran out. We found him a week later, under the mobile home next door. He apparently got under, but couldn't figure out how to get back out. I will pray for your little girl's safe return. It's an awful feeling, not knowing where your friend is.

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

It's almost 2 am, been playing delta force black hawk down trying to make my self tired and it's failing. I'm about to go check the back door and head to bed before I get in trouble for being up late again. Fingers crossed!

:thanku:

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Hope she comes home, Bill.

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

no luck yet, city was out working on the streets at 7am here. So much for sleep and any chance of her coming home with them working, she hides when ever I start the lawn mower and shes near a door. Hopefully these city workers move on and she comes home before the rain comes today though.

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well, we're under some severe weather warnings and there's tornado warnings north of us. Hopefully the weather stays safe enough that she will do fine, but after this heat I don't know how well she is doing. hopefully if she's outside the rain pushes her home but it's unlikely I think.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
When we feed our cat canned cat food, we bang the spoon on the side of the dish. If the cat goes MIA, the wife takes the cat's dish outside and bangs a spoon on it to attract the cat. It works like a dinner gong.

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When we feed our cat canned cat food, we bang the spoon on the side of the dish. If the cat goes MIA, the wife takes the cat's dish outside and bangs a spoon on it to attract the cat. It works like a dinner gong.

My cat I think is bordering going deaf, you have to touch her to wake her up or to get her attention most of the time or be pretty loud. she knows what time dinner is and will be sitting next to her bowl at 5:30 every night, except these last 2 nights.

She has not came home and the rain was not too bad, hopefully it sparked an idea in her to come home.

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Don't lose hope, Bill. Cats do strange things and "makin' a break for it" once in a while is one of 'em. The noisy food "ritual" is a real good idea when training kittens/cats, let's them know what dinner "sounds like" when they're away.

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I'm officially nuts beyond repair. It is not 3:30AM and I can't sleep, I keep hearing what sounds like her moving in her little basket/bed and I'm paranoid about the back door and have to check it every half hour. I have had her since I was some where between 2 and 4 yrs old, I picked her out of 30+ cats and she was in the worst shape but I just had to have her. It did not take long and she went from runt to monster and than to fat and lazy, she never really over eats, we feed her twice a day with what the vet said is a healthy amount of food but she continues to gain weight, than drop it depending on the season. Tomorrow, well today just at a more appropriate time I'm going to call her regular vet and have her microchip flagged as missing, I guess that's what I'm supposed to do in case some one comes in and tries to say it's their cat and some one gave it to them. Hopefully no one is holding her from coming home, or she comes home rather soon.

Day 3 of being missing.

·
Which one's Pink?
413 Posts
Bill - I hope your cat can find its way back home!

Mowin' Man :trink39:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts