My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't find the original post from a few weeks back when I was trying to find out the source of my loss of power on my BX2200. This would only occur after about 30-45 minutes of use - mower, loader or just pullng a trailer. Based on some comments and suggestions, I replaced all of the fuel filters, every fuel line, drained the fuel tank, drained the fuel system and even shelled out for a new fuel pump. After all of these items - same result. After I used the unit for about 30 minutes it would just loose power, no smoke, just loose power and have a hard time mowing or just going in any direction.

Frustrated, I pulled the top of the gas cap and there is a little foam filter about the size of a nickle sandwiched inside. Mine was totally clogged and there was no way air was getting through. It had broken down to mush and was like tar.

Potential solution to your loss of power, pull the top of the fuel cap and see if your foam fillter dissinegreated and clogged your vent. I removed my little clog and mowed for 2 hours without an issue- problem solved and it didn't cost me a cent for that fix.

However, in trying to find the issue, I had all of the tins sand blasted and powder coated, all new decals, all new plastics, new side and front panel, new hood emblem, new seat, new foot pedal covers, etc. Baby runs like a gem and now, after about $600, she looks like one too.

Hope this post helps someone for I have gotten some great advice from the members on this list.

Happy 4th America!

:trink39:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the same problem with my BX2200, I tried the fuel cap, it didnt looked clogged.. It did look like the little rubber piece in the small nipple that sticks up was sticking together... But I have no choice but to get a fuel cap cause I broke mine in this process....... oops! Thanks for the thread I am going to try and I hope it works....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts