My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90% completely restored 1967 MF10. Painted and rebuilt engine, almost ready to go. I just need someone to help make a wiring harness and hookup the drive belt, which will require the machining of a pulley. The tractor is located in Austin, Texas and has been sitting in my storage unit for 2 years. I Need to finish it. Moved, changed jobs, got laid off, you know the story, "Thank you banking system." Now reemployed and living in a apartment and no where to work on it. I am looking to hire someone with some decent skills.

:thanku: Jessica

·
Registered
396 Posts
I remember this tractor, you have a Kohler in it.
The crank, is it 1+1/8" dia.?
If so the original pulley should fit.

·
Registered
396 Posts
You need to move the motor forward, backward to put the crank in the right spot.
This is where mine is and where yours needs to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My motor is k series. I don't remember the number. Its been so long since I looked at it. Its 1967 engine though. I cant move the motor.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Plus minus 1/2" should be close enough, there is a lot of adjustment in the Vari-Drive system.

·
Registered
396 Posts
You need to use the original wide belts and pulley with the guards in place to get the vari-drive to work right.
Others have done it with K series Kohlers
Best source for parts is another parts tractor.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I am really just looking to pay someone $$$ money to do it. I could do it and thank you for your excellent suggestions; but I really just don't have the time and I want it to be done and over with. I just want see it finished its already been 2 too many years.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Wish I was closer.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I'm not all that far from you (between Galveston & Houston) but I've got so many projects now that I really don't feel like takeing another. I had an MF10 vari-drive for 29 yrs, gave up trying to wear it out and gave it to my oldest son. They're tough little tractors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts