My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my second gravely 14g manual lift tractor. The new one came with a 48” blower on the front and I’m looking to buy the lift assist weldment. I have the springs and latches on my other 14g.

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Welcome Alan!

I would try Richard's. They've got all kinds of used parts stashed away, so you never know. Aside from that, just watch the usual suspects, ebay, CL, etc. I'm told that a lot of the action has shifted to facebook marketplace, but I don't do facebook, so can't vouch for it.

All that said, I don't find the lift assist all that much use for a blower on a rider. See one of my threads from a month or so about rider steering. The concensus that came out of that was that I need to make some brackets to allow the lift springs to run directly forward and pull up on the attachment. I expect that will work better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried Richards and all the usual online sellers. The weight of the blower doesn’t bother me with the manual lift. My plow with the added 70 pounds of weight for adding down pressure is about the same. What bothers me is the extra weight on the passengers side. If I lift that side it feels like two hundred pounds. If I lift the driver side it feels like thirty. I understand that it’s because of the position of the attachment lift and how it’s left of center that makes it lighter on that side. The skids that came on the blower were worn down to nothing on one side and the other was fine. The only reason I care about that is I have a paver driveway and bought the longer plastic skids to not mar or catch a paver or my drainage slab. My neighbors will also appreciate it as I take care of a few driveways. Realistically I only need to lift up on the passenger side of the snowblower but there’s not much to go off of and it’s a steep horizontal angle vs a vertical lift.
I appreciate replies and hope someone has dealt with this and has some wisdom for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
0F3A1B2C-6D84-4CE3-825C-F6CF8FFCE621.png
my plow setup with the added weight, 1”x 6” x 48” rubber edge, and not pictured since I did it but angled the top of the plow forward making it like a squeegee. Have the plow mastered just trying to make the snow blower the same!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I just bought my second gravely 14g manual lift tractor. The new one came with a 48” blower on the front and I’m looking to buy the lift assist weldment. I have the springs and latches on my other 14g.

Is this the weldment you are seeking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts