My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring an original Zenith carburetor for a 1930 International Harvester truck (see photos); the venturi is unfortunately missing. Said venturi must measure 1-3/16" O.D. (appx. 30mm) in diameter and 1-1/2" long (appx. 38mm) in length. The restriction size is unknown, but I doubt it matters that much in this case since the truck will be used primarily for old vehicle and implement shows. I have already tried a Model A Ford's Zenith venturi and it is a tad too small ind diameter and a quite a bit too long.

I got the bright idea that I just might be able to use a venturi from the "ag world" since the carb is so small, but I don't know where to begin looking for one since I must search by size rather than application. I am not opposed to doing a bit of machining to make one fit correctly if it is already "close", but it is beyond my capability to scratch-make one from a plug of metal stock. Does anybody have any suggestions or leads?

Jeff

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If all you are needing is the venturii then try this site: 1928-31 Zenith Carburetor Venturi, Single - Grumps-Garage
Thanks; I have plenty of Model A Ford venturis around here and they are a tad too small in diameter and quite a bit too long. The diameter could be shimmed but the extra length is a problem because I would disturb its aerodynamic properties by cutting it off unless I went up in there with a Dremel and tried to re-contour it . . . which is what I may have to do.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
What you have is an updraft style carb.--- Did you try something like an IH F-20 tractor? --- I am trying to picture a carb that size on tractors and they look close.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to Sonny and all others for their input. I thought that I had posted here earlier that I found a solution, but apparently not. I found a guy who will turn them out for $15/apiece and I am ordering some from him.

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts