My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure some of you collect tons of various Case pics so I hope you can help me. I am looking for pics of the Case/Ingersoll cabs. Id like to see how they are built and if it is worth it to build my own for my 220. Winter will be here before we know so I want to be prepared. I looked like a frozen snowman on my tractor last winter.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
54 Posts
ha, yeah no kidding, I wouldn't be surprised if it weighed as much as the tractor, which I guess would be a plus when plowing or blowing snow.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
WOW.
what else can i say!!!!
i was just going to have my son post some pics. of this.
i do not know WHY i waited 25 plus years to do this.
it sure is nice blowing snow in a tee shirt!!!
thank you. boomer

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Boomer, what did you use for the material to make the frame? How did you ecure the plexiglass in place? Do yo uhave anymore pics of it? If you have some good high quality pics then please send them to [email protected]. I am going to make one this fall and need ideas. Anything you wish you did different? How do you take it off?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wow boomer, that cab is really impressive. That had to take some talent and planning to put that together. I even see the eye hook on the top, is that used to taking the cab off? I bet if you ever wanted to put together a set of plans for making that cab you'd sell more than a few copies of it on here. You'd have a buyer here for sure (it would give me something to do while looking for my 444, and a good excuse to try out my new mig welder).

·
Registered
670 Posts
Boomer, what did you use for the material to make the frame? How did you ecure the plexiglass in place? Do yo uhave anymore pics of it? If you have some good high quality pics then please send them to [email protected]. I am going to make one this fall and need ideas. Anything you wish you did different? How do you take it off?
If you're a member of the yahoo group he has a ton more pictures of it. There are some other ones when he weather sealed it that look pretty good to.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
group.
more pics. can be seen at the yahoo case site.go to photos, then list, then to page six, (27 pics total)

MOST OF THE FRAME IS 1X 1 1/2 X 1/8 TUBE. ALSO SOME 1 1/2 SQ. TUBE
AND SOME 2X2 SQ. TUBE.
the lift eye is indeed used to lift it off with my cherry picker. it weighs about 275#.
the LEXAN is fastened with 1/4 serrated flange bolts and nuts.
the sides and front were Lexan. then last season i went to glass in the front.
the rear window assy. is from a cozy cab. (big tractor).
i only have one door so this is my alternate escape route.

the front extensions are to take advantage of the free heat from the onan
engine. ( installed the correct way)
they have Lexan on them also, so i can see out the front sides better
the lower cross member, front (wind shield) is installed as low as poss., yet the hood can be opened, by removing one Lexan panel.

future plans. a better w/shield wiper assy. and a small fan.
i will take some more pics. when i install it this fall. ( mounting brackets etc.)
thank you boomer

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I think I joined that yahoo group last year and then forgot all about it. Im going to go see if I can find the link again and look at those pics. Thanks

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Boomer, how much money you think you have racked up in that cab?

That's subjective....easier to put a price on materials used...than to put a price on the years of knowledge and experience it took to make it turn out so nice.
The thing is priceless if it makes life easier for the operater.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's subjective....easier to put a price on materials used...than to put a price on the years of knowledge and experience it took to make it turn out so nice.
The thing is priceless if it makes life easier for the operater.
I have no problem building that cab at all. Thats a basic fab job to me. The kicker is the cost involved in buying material. I have to decided if I want an aluminum cab or steel cab. The cost will be the biggest factor in my decision. I know the aluminum will be more then the steel but it will cut down on time since it all bolts together.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts