My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The splines on the hydro end drive shaft yoke of my MF16 are worn to the point it is too dangerous to run safely. I don't know how but it actually slid off the hydro end, flopped around and bent the shaft. It's been straightened the best it can but is still out of round and with the wear of the splined yoke I don't dare run it up to speed. The local MF dealer tells me the yoke and the complete shaft are discontinued and am looking for a source, new or used for these parts; shaft assembly-#526541M91, or yoke-#1041196M1 and also would need fan assembly-#530137M91. Would anyone know if MF used the same hydro as Cub, Allis or Simplicity and if they shared common parts like this yoke or other parts. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Joe

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bob! Looks like that will work if I cut off some of the worn end of the yoke and weld this onto the end. Have some e-mails and might have some leads on a complete used shaft. Thanks again! Joe

·
NOT ENOUGH MUD OR SNOW!!!
725 Posts
Hey JOBOB, if you decide to fix the shaft have a shop that rebuilds driveshafts weld it on for you and balance it. I have a complete transaxle assy for the 14/16 Massey if your interested if you need the input shaft to the trans. PM me if you do.

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
..... if you decide to fix the shaft have a shop that rebuilds driveshafts weld it on for you and balance it.
I tried that trick with the PTO shaft for my 1655. The shop didn't have the equipment to spin it fast enough. There's a big difference between 2200 rpm and 3600 rpm. The wobble showed up about the 3000 mark and I bought a new shaft. After that I went further and built a whole new 2 piece PTO shaft with universals and a steady bearing. No problems in the last 1900 hours.

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
..... if you decide to fix the shaft have a shop that rebuilds driveshafts weld it on for you and balance it.
I tried that trick with the PTO shaft for my 1655. The shop didn't have the equipment to spin it fast enough. There's a big difference between 2200 rpm and 3600 rpm. The wobble showed up about the 3000 mark and I bought a new shaft. After that I went further and built a whole new 2 piece PTO shaft with universals and a steady bearing. No problems in the last 1900 hours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts