My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new zero turn. I am looking at the Cub Cadet Pro Z160S, John Deere Z735M, and Kubota Kommander Z421.
I am mowing a little less than 1 acre. The yard is sloped, about 15-18 degrees. I have driven the Cub Cadet and it handled like a champ. I have not driven the other two.
I’m looking for opinions on the three and which one might be best for my situation. I want something that is going to hold up well, but also be stable on my yard. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Welcome to the best site going.
I'll be watching for replies too. I am considering a ZT for my new 5.6 acres of hilly lawn....My X500 is going to see some serious cutting time until, like you, find a ZT (used in my case) to handle that much area efficiently.

·
Super Moderator
10,567 Posts
Hi Skywalker Phd and

I didn't get a chance to take a look at what engines are in those machines....but with the hilly terrain, make sure you get a pressurized engine lube system.....I would also so a lot of research on how well each of those handles slopes.....they are 3 good companies and Simplicity makes a very good ZT also...good luck on decision

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi, I cut 3 acres with a John Deere Z915B. It is a similar machine. I am happy with it. The only issue is when the ground is wet (clay) it slides around a little bit. Sometimes a tire will spin. It takes about 90 minutes to cut the three acres. There are a lot of trees and slopes.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The cubs with the steering wheel (I assume that's the "S" in the model number) have a really good reputation for handling hills. Generally, im not a cub cadet fan but I haven't had one of their zero turns. I never see the professionals running them. But the active steering on the front wheels is supposed to really help on slopes. My husqvarna zero turn weighs 1400 lbs, so it holds slopes pretty well. Most zero turns are not good on slopes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts