My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I recently bought my first garden tractor, a Murray model 40907X20B from 1996. Serial number 96022-079392

So far I have not been able to find a manual for it. Anybody here have this, or a similar Murray Garden Tractor, that could get me a manual for this tractor? I have found a complete part diagram but no manual.

This would mean the world since this is my first garden tractor and I have limited knowledge.

Best regards from Sweden.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here's one from 1997. I don't know how close it is but I got it directly from Briggs & Stratton/Murray when I emailed and asked. B&S took over Murray after bankruptcy.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats great!

It looks quite similar! Mine has a hydrostat but I guess a lot is the same. That is a god beginning. Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,686 Posts
I just breezed through my site and my "archives", no luck on a pre wide body manual. I probably have bits of information like how to level the deck etc if you are looking for something specific. I have gathered a few "generic" manuals but they are for wide body tractors that debuted in 1997 which are very different from the stamped pan frame tractors of the early to mid 90's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts