My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the site to learn more about my JD 400 mower and to look for attachments and parts that I might need in the future. Love the site so far and If you have anything for a 400 or general knowledge that might be helpful please feel free to share.

Thanks!

Brandon

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
:Welcome1: Glad to have you here! The old Deere 400 was (and still is) an awesome machine. It was pretty much alone in it's class at the time it was made, and a lot of companies scrambled to bring out a model that would even come close. The 400 was built from 1975 to 1983 and could be fitted with an optional rear PTO, rear 3 point cat. "0" hitch and many different attachments. If I remember correctly, they weigh over 1000 pounds with no mower deck. The rear wheels are special to the 400, not interchangable with any other model GT, and most front attachments will only fit the 400, not the later 425, 435 etc tractors because of differences in the frame. Most parts are available from Deere, and there is usually good used stuff for these on Ebay and a couple of other sites.

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
uponone789

:Welcome1: we are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcome. The only problem with the 400 is that all or the majority of the attachments are not interchangable with other similar models. I would love to find a good deal on a front loader and a tiller maybe even a snow blower and a front blade, who knows. Not much action in Southwest Va these days. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts