My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JD 314 and am looking for 300 series snow thrower....any leads will be appreciated. Also....
My throttle seems amiss. I have to keep the choke pulled to keep the rpms up. I checked the full filter..looks good. I made a few adjustments to carb per instruction manual but not helping. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have a 49 for sale $175.00. will need some work.
Sounds like your 314 is starving for fuel. The small screen over the fuel shut off valve under the tank could be the problem.
Remove the fender pan and the tank will lift off. Remove the fuel line and carefully unscrew the shutoff valve. 99% of the time this screen will be caked with gunk!!
Good luck and keep us posted !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the assist. What kind of work will the blower require? Is a photo available?
Are you willing to ship to Ann Arbor, Mich? I would cover cost.

Thanks for the suggestion on the fuel issue. I'll get into it today. Sure appreciate your response.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
It will need some patching on the bottom. Shipping would be a lot ! I'm sure you could find one closer.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,732 Posts
Do an Ebay search for "deere snow" and see what comes up in your area. The model 49 was made in the 10s of thousands over 20 plus years, and there are lots of 'em out there.

·
Registered
168 Posts
What was your carb problem, needed a rebuild? Don't forget to replace fuel pump, and fuel lines if it's been awhile. Rotting from the inside, causes carb to run bad.
I don't think that would be the problem. But it's a good idea to drain the bottom of tank, once in a while. My fuel drain is under the tank on the side that the carb is on. Maybe rusted open, if you didn't know you had open. If you play with it you may have a fuel everywhere. :( Spray alot of wd 40 on it first.

When done with anything related fuel unhook fuel line at the carb. and place it into a long neck plastic container and turn key for a few seconds to get any junk out of gas.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have a 49 blower for sale in michigan. I have it listed on Lansing Craigslist. I live in 48867

Let me know

Sent from the MTF Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts