My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, I am impressed with the amount of knowledge on here and of the members generosity in helping newbies like myself

I bought a cub cadet hds2135 for $100.00 The issues are 1) dents in hood 2)missing headlight completely 3) problem with the deck

A heavy shelf fell in the last owners garage. It dented the hood and smashed the headlights.

The problem with the deck is he lost the front hanging brackets. He mowed 1/2 an acre until he looked behind and saw the lawn destroyed. I helped him walk the land and look for the missing part. We never found it

Yesterday I found a used 44" deck (stock is 38". I bought it and brought it home. The problem I have now is the front U shaped bracket is to long. the deck barely stays on the bar. I am wondering do they sell a shorter one? Or can I cut 2 inches off each side of it then weld a pipe over it as a sleeve>

Thank you

Alby

Ill try to include a pic of the U shaped bracket.

·
Registered
107 Posts
On the headlights, I believe you'll have to get them as an assembly from Cub. I have changed three or four so far while working for a Cub dealer, and the new lights come with the lens, sockets, bulbs, and housing all in one. You just re-use the mounting hardware. It is much easier to install the new one with the hood taken off the tractor and laid out on a bench.
I
As for the front hanger bar, is the yellow bracket shown in the picture still attached to the tractor? Or did the whole thing fall off when the quick-release accidentally let go? You can buy the parts for this bracket assembly separately. I wouldn't cut the existing bar. Just order or find the proper one for your 38" deck, which as you know is shorter than the one you now have. You can install the shorter bar (rod) in the new carrier with no problems. The carrier is the same for 38, 42, and 44" decks on these tractors. Only the rod varies in length depending on which deck was installed.

When you set the new hanger bracket up on the deck, adjust it so that the front of the deck is between 1/8" and 1/4" lower than the rear, tighten both sides equally, and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you for the reply Poke

I had a friends brother stop at my house this morning. He fell in love with the Cub. Offered me 500 for it as is & I throw in the original 38" deck. So I sold it. Now I am looking for a new one

thank you everyone who looked and offered advice

alby

1 - 3 of 3 Posts