My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback on the Quick Track Stand on lines (647-667A models).
Im a Deere fan but I dont see any of them in action around here. I need to add to my mowers which include a Wright stander 52" and 36". I know Wright Stander is the innovator and has the patent -but i cant see why Deeres would be any less, especially with the 7-iron deck. They are actually a little less $ than Wright stander for a change

Looking for feedback if any

Duc

·
Registered
349 Posts
As a former Wright owner. (had 4) I would not even waste your time looking at a JD or a GD stand on mower. Their cut quility sucks. Can't turn as quick as the stander. Its heavier and totally sucks on hills.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks itsgottobegreen - thats exactly what I found out, so I will be getting the Wright standers shortly. Dont need the 36" becuase it dosent fits through gates, so a couple of 52" maybe a 60" will be in the works. I can grab some W/B for the 32" ranges

·
Registered
349 Posts
You can get the wright stander in a 32" version.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can get the wright stander in a 32" version.
Yeah I know but to me its a lot of money in such a small diameter cut - I do like how close you can get to things with the 48" and larger (maybe 42") but I think you loose the edging ablity when you go down to 36" and under. Thats was my feeling anyway, so sticking to some walk behinds will work for the 32" range/needs.

·
Deceased Oct.-2014
3,014 Posts
Wow, don't see you posting here much in recent months Duc. What did we do wrong?

Please educate me. What the heck are you talking about? Know its some kind of equip but beyond that, I'm lost.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,089 Posts
Please educate me. What the heck are you talking about? Know its some kind of equip but beyond that, I'm lost.
I was thinking the same thing, Mickey. Once we hear what it is, we'll be:fing20: , we knew what that was!!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, don't see you posting here much in recent months Duc. What did we do wrong?

LOL! Lots going on in my life - a new addition to the family (baby boy), a few businesses up and running including a landscape - and my full time job -:sidelaugh

Anyway nobody did anything wrong - :ROF
I need more equipment and im impressed with the wright standers, very fast and manuverable and take up less space on a trailer than most ZTr's and walk behinds, with excellent stability and traction.

Im picking another unit end of the week - i think? dealer needs to let me know

Wright stander web site:
http://www.wrightmfg.com/

·
Deceased Oct.-2014
3,014 Posts
LOL! Lots going on in my life - a new addition to the family (baby boy), ....
Well, congrats Duc on the new young'n.

Hope SJ will have one of those MTF bibs out to you soon.

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Thanks for the link ducati996!! Strange that I googled wright stand on mowers but didn't get this as one of the results.I've seen them in action at a local shopping center and they are a neat mower.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Guys -

I wanted to get back to this thread and give an update:
I checked out what the market had to offer - tested out a bunch
and once again concluded the Wright Stander Rapid height series are still considered the best - of course that might sound biased but thats from many conversations with the pros that use them - They take up less room than most W/B as well - but they are not cheap -
I use this one at my residence and local maintainence - its not in the daily mix. I had 4 local maintaince stops that are 2-3 acres + with some steep slopes relatively speaking - I didnt feel comfortable or in control without sliding on the Wright Stander, so my Cub 3204 w/ AG's take care of them without an issue. I dont have a mower for my 2520 (maybe a RFM later), but on the straights I can cut full speed with excellent results - makes short work of large lots fast..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts