My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought my first tractor and am trying to find out anything I can about what kind of attachments are going to fit. The tractor is a Sears 14/6 model number 917.25160, which doesn't seem to be the most common tractor out here.

Would the mover deck or blower from different Sears model tractors fit my machine?

I'm looking for any kind of pictures of attachments and other 14/6 model tractors.

Unfortunately the 3-point hitch on my tractor has been removed and replaced with a weight box and reese hitch.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
well, first of welcome! the xx/6 machines, the way i understand, 14 down should share the same chassis. i have a 10/6, that all the 3pt attachments fit from way back to very late model. the mower (mid mount), seems to be a chassis specific item. i know it wont work on my earlier suburbans (without mods). also yours appears, from the picture to be missing the engagement pedal and pully assembly for the deck. shoud be right foot, dual pulleys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

Part of the dual pulley assembly is still on the tractor.
Do you happen to have a picture of the deck and engagement clutch assembly? It sounds like it will be tough to find one though. Too bad that the deck doesn't match any of the more common frames.

I bought this thing primarily for pulling the trailer to move firewood and dirt but it would be nice to get some other use out of it as well.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
i just checked. no pics. i can tomorrow. the thing is a bit hard to explain, actually a bit over engineered. long belt to the deck, then that runs a short belt, pulley brakes, at least 3 rod (just on the deck). a bit of a pain. i'd gladly sell you mine if you feel like a drive:fing32:

·
Registered
67 Posts
If I had any parts you could use I'd seriously consider driving them up to you. Good excuse to get back to Maine. Spent 7 years there while in service. I'm a Mainiac at heart. Haven't been back there since the '90's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts