Hi. You all were real helpful in getting me sorted with a franked mower I touch a couple of years ago so I'm hoping you all might have some good advice. I am in the market for a TLB or maybe a small excavator, I'm not really sure. I have a steep 5 acres and I need some machinery to do landscaping, trench digging, but also some bigger tasks like land clearing on a hillside for a patio, moving bigger boulders. My fiancé and I (well really just me) are looking to pick up a new property to live on in the next year or two. Also, this is the northeast so I'm also dealing with snow, cold, and earth that grows rocks. I think I have a budget of 15K maybe a bit more and probably want to be set up before spring. I am handy and have fixed motorcycles, boats, mowers, cars, and everything else but I haven't got into welding yet and not familiar with hydraulics.
- I was looking at Kubota BX but it doesn't seem like that can handle bigger boulders? I'm thinking the size of a V6 engine block at least?
- I've seen some older bigger TLB's but I'm worried about maintenance and buying someone else's problems and then dealing with overkill and fuel for smaller tasks.
- Some smaller excavators seem like they might be handy but then I'm forgoing the loader which I might need for other stuff?
- My dream project is also to put in a pond.
- I'm not worried about buying used but when it come to this kind of machinery I'm not sure what to look for other than leaking seals?
- Stopped by a dealership last year but they seemed to want to sell me things that weren't what I needed.