My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for advice if anyone has an opinion...

I am looking at getting a new (used) mower which happens to come with a snow blower attachment...

It is a x320 2008 with 260 hours...

clean service record from the description and no red flags...so far

I have not had a chance to see the unit in question yet but I talked to the seller and am working on a meeting.

He is asking 4,200 but I had a line on one with less hours and he sold it for 4,000...(x320 with 80 hours and blower)

I was 'thinking' about offering 300-500 less but was curious if that is out of line.

He said he is selling it because he is going to hire a service vs. cutting his own lawn

I have never bought a lawn mower of this scale....I need a new mower and a snow blower as well...(70 x 40 foot driveway) so that would obviously work out great...

Any input or comments are appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,430 Posts
I think your offer of $500 less would be a reasonable starting price. Too bad the 80 hr one already sold, but you can always use that sale as a basis for reduced price on the 260 hr machine.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I bought a 2010 x320 with 65 hours on it with blower, weights, chains, cab and grill cover in Augusta, Maine in March for $3500.00. Price seems a little high with that many hours on it.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
yup like the guys said price "seems" a bit high- but if well maintained 260 hours is nothing even on an air cooled motor-

but as far as equipment, that tractor/blower will do all you want, assuming a relatively flat driveway, less than say 5000 sq. ft.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a 2010 x320 with 65 hours on it with blower, weights, chains, cab and grill cover in Augusta, Maine in March for $3500.00. Price seems a little high with that many hours on it.
man that sounds like a great price for what you got...how did you find such a good deal?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
man that sounds like a great price for what you got...how did you find such a good deal?
Divorce sale. He started high, I kept watching it and the price kept coming down every 2 weeks. He agreed to my offer when the price went to $3900 bucks and then I made the long drive to get it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I got an email today from a guy off craigslist who recently sold one I was looking at or inquiring about...

he asks if I was interested in a x324....low hours (90) a 2008...looked pretty clean from the photos...

he said it was going for 2850...

Any one with experience on a x324? What are the main differences between that and a x320? I know it has all wheel steer (which I don't think I would need that) but it wouldn't hurt if it was an option...

That price seems pretty decent from what I can see briefly searching on Google...

Thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts