My Tractor Forum banner

Looking for a parts break down

1063 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  jhorwitz
I have a friend that just bought a 1982 GTV 18 Craftsman rider and there is a part missing or broken off. I need to is the mule part with the pulleys go no. It is different than my SS18 or ST12. This mule has 2 nuts that hold it into place. Ant help would be nice. ThanksYogi85
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Get the tractor model number and look up the parts list on the searsparts site like davidg said.
Thanks guys for the info. I did that got the parts break down, but the part that I need to see isn't there.If anyone has a GTV16 or 18 and can give me a picture of the mule part of the mower. Mostly the right side. This is where the idler pulley is missing and not to sure where it bolts upto.

See less See more

Sorry this is almost a year late! Just stumbled on the thread. Did you solve the "mule" problem?

I have a 1982 GTV 11, most of which (except for the engine) I think is the pretty much the same as the GTV 16 and GTV 18. The mower deck is model 917.253644, 44 inches. The assembly I think you want is called "idler box" in the manual.

Let me know if you still need info--I can scan the parts drawings and list for you.

See less See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.