My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also found a 1650 with a 4850 tiller on the back for 1100.00 tracter looks like it needs a paint job. I really want the tiller but not for 1100.00 and what is the tractor worth? 300.00-400.00?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I also found a 1650 with a 4850 tiller on the back for 1100.00 tracter looks like it needs a paint job. I really want the tiller but not for 1100.00 and what is the tractor worth? 300.00-400.00?
If it runs and has the 3ph, I think the tractor is worth more than $400.

·
22,353 Posts
The 3Ph is worth as much as $300 on ebay and the PTO another $50- $100.

If you're looking for an 1855 try this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280754314797?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

There is something about the Snapper in the youtube video and it took a couple of trips outside to check against my Masseys. The tires are not what are on the MF1655/1855. Those appear to be 23x10.5-12's and the left front at least appears to be 16x6.50-8, mismatched fronts in any event, whereas the other Snapper for sale video (it's been sold) in the list to the right has 26x12-12 rear ags and 18x8.50-8 fronts. The tractor itself looks to be correct, but the boots are too small.

The 3PH won't work with that 540 PTO installed. The housing is too tall for the top link to hook up to an implement.

The tractor looks workable. Considering what they can do, I'm wondering how big a tractor he's looking for.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the same about the 540 adapter, hangs way back making the lift arm way too close to the shaft

·
Registered
522 Posts
Is anyone else looking at the 1855 on eBay?

I have not bid yet, but have my eye on it, trailer hooked up and like all auctions, I'm waiting to make the sniper shot last minute.

I don't have the plow, and since my motor rebuild is not going as planned, i think i cn get this one running and put it in mine.

My 1855 has the rear pto and 3 pt hitch.

If a fellow MTF'er is bidding please let me know!

Kyle

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 3Ph is worth as much as $300 on ebay and the PTO another $50- $100.

If you're looking for an 1855 try this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280754314797?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

There is something about the Snapper in the youtube video and it took a couple of trips outside to check against my Masseys. The tires are not what are on the MF1655/1855. Those appear to be 23x10.5-12's and the left front at least appears to be 16x6.50-8, mismatched fronts in any event, whereas the other Snapper for sale video (it's been sold) in the list to the right has 26x12-12 rear ags and 18x8.50-8 fronts. The tractor itself looks to be correct, but the boots are too small.

The 3PH won't work with that 540 PTO installed. The housing is too tall for the top link to hook up to an implement.

The tractor looks workable. Considering what they can do, I'm wondering how big a tractor he's looking for.
i really just want the 4850 tiller, I'm going to ask if he will trade the tiller for a cub cadet 123 with deck and snow blade, its in nice condition itself

·
22,353 Posts
i really just want the 4850 tiller, I'm going to ask if he will trade the tiller for a cub cadet 123 with deck and snow blade, its in nice condition itself
Check the condition of the tines. They're not easy to find and quite pricey.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Is anyone else looking at the 1855 on eBay?

I have not bid yet, but have my eye on it, trailer hooked up and like all auctions, I'm waiting to make the sniper shot last minute.

I don't have the plow, and since my motor rebuild is not going as planned, i think i cn get this one running and put it in mine.

My 1855 has the rear pto and 3 pt hitch.

If a fellow MTF'er is bidding please let me know!

Kyle

Tell me you won it for $455.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I told the person that I would give him 400.00 for the 4850 tiller after I see some picks of the tines. He said fine as long as he can sell the tractor and deck, so hopfully I will have a good tiller soon, but you never know.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I told the person that I would give him 400.00 for the 4850 tiller after I see some picks of the tines. He said fine as long as he can sell the tractor and deck, so hopfully I will have a good tiller soon, but you never know.
the man ended up selling the whole thing for 1k, the person buying was mostly interested in the tiller also, oh well back to looking again

·
Registered
522 Posts
Tell me you won it for $455.
I wish I could! I had to go to NY last week and had the trailer hitched to the Jeep ready to tow it home. I had some odd noises as I left the house and didn't take Jeep and trailer. I was in it for a while......

I have to go back to afghanistan Friday, so I thought better of leaving loose ends.

I'm still hunting for another one.

I could have used that mower and blade. I had plans to rebuild that Onan as mine went back together.

Kyle

·
Registered
522 Posts
the man ended up selling the whole thing for 1k, the person buying was mostly interested in the tiller also, oh well back to looking again
Dean- are you looking for MF tillers specifically?

Cub Cadet, John Deere and a few others make (or made) 2000 rpm tillers. I am not there yet, but when I am in the market I will opt for one with Parts Support (like a John Deere 48 inch model)

Kyle

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dean- are you looking for MF tillers specifically?

Cub Cadet, John Deere and a few others make (or made) 2000 rpm tillers. I am not there yet, but when I am in the market I will opt for one with Parts Support (like a John Deere 48 inch model)

Kyle
they're all hard to find, Green is way too much money, seen them go as high as 1200 for a used one. I have a friend that has one and never uses it other than rear weight for the front end loader on his 400, it a 50" John Deere tiller. If I would have to pay 1000.00 for a used I would then opt for a new one

·
Registered
522 Posts
AGREED! They are hard to find.

Do you use search tempest? Searchtempest dot com searches multiple craigslist sites at once-- say a 300 mile radius from your zip code.

Search tags can be tricky, I used "garden tractor tiller" and found some results, but pricey.

Kyle

1 - 18 of 18 Posts