My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a used Deere with a "Freedom" deck. What can you tell me about them???

I'm not familiar with them at all.

Thanks!!

·
Professor of makin stuff
1,726 Posts
Re: Looking at a used Deere with a "Freedom" deck. What can you tell me about them??

sounds like the LT series has a kohler motor mostlikely are good machines for just mowing not really made for the snowblade ect its a real light duty tractor if its a lt 133 150 155 ect but i got a lt 155 with the 42 freedom deck i like it mows great

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Looking at a used Deere with a "Freedom" deck. What can you tell me about them??

sounds like the LT series has a kohler motor mostlikely are good machines for just mowing not really made for the snowblade ect its a real light duty tractor if its a lt 133 150 155 ect but i got a lt 155 with the 42 freedom deck i like it mows great

Actually, it's a LX 280...

·
Registered
265 Posts

I had a LT155 with one on it, I sold it after a year, not that it was bad or did not mow great. Since the blades are sync, and depending on the hit, I was always creeping around the yard mowing, afraid if I ding the blades and knock them out of sync, it would be a costly repair. And that goes the same for the new cub with the new sync deck.:fing02:

·
Registered
3,535 Posts

Some guys love them other hate them.They were about the biggest reason for people taking advantage of the 30 day return policy John Deere had.The LX280 is a super nice lawn tractor but you might not like that deck option.

·
Professor of makin stuff
1,726 Posts

i personally like ours just check the blade postion once every month of use or so and also dont bog the blades down too much it snapst the timing belt

·
Registered
203 Posts

I've only seen about two of them in my life.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts