My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just responded to an ad. we'll see how it goes.

Paint is kinda ugly :thSick:

What would you pay?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just make sure there aren't any dents, cracks, or chips in the deck. That paint job doesn't look like it could hide much... so that's good.

That smoothie front wheel is incorrect and the ones with tread are almost impossible to find right now.

Give it a nice test run and see how it runs. Better yet see how it cuts if possible. That'll tell you more about what it's worth.

Oh, and I'm the wrong guy to ask on price. I pay too much for everything... except for my 22241 which was a good deal.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the mowers I picked up Saturday has treaded wheel(s?), or perhaps they were on one I passed up.

I may pass on it because of the paint alone, and i already have too many.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
There's a huge weld in the deck in front of the right (as you are looking at the picture) rear wheel.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's a huge weld in the deck in front of the right (as you are looking at the picture) rear wheel.
I was wondering what that was. Why wouldn't they grind it down?

Anyway, this is from the ad.
OLDER COMMERCIAL MOWER 2 CYCLE GAS OIL MIX ADJUSTABLE WHEELS ALUMINUM DECK WORKS GOOD, $35 NEG
Is it worth $35? Or rather, is it worth $35 with the intention of cleaning it up? Provided there are no holes. Or should I pass and enjoy what I have for now?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll get it tomorrow. 30-45 minutes from home, bot otherwise on the way home from work in a roundabout kinda way.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nice gas cap! Straight from a gas can by the look of it :p

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Nice gas cap! Straight from a gas can by the look of it :p
Hmmm, deal breaker? Correct tank, wrong cap. Damaged threads?

Anyone spare a correct cap or show me a correct cap?

$11 shipped: Genuine Fuel Cap

Part # 682755 Interchanges with 611327, 679456, 681658, 681929, 682181, 682227, 682900 Made by the OMC / Lawnboy / Toro Corp.

That ads another 31% to the cost of the machine.

·
Registered
443 Posts
That thing is worth 35$ all day long if it starts and runs well!

·
Registered
972 Posts
That thing is worth 35$ all day long if it starts and runs well!

Amen to that! Let it be the last one you get to and maybe you'll find a parts machine or find one that needs parts off it...I'm just sayin', $35 is nothing for a Lawnboy comm model...

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,766 Posts
One wheel is worth that.

Dan these were designed for collection AFTER they are worked to death.. :)

Fortunately for us some get worked less than others.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I believe a fuel tank with the tank stand sold on ebay for $48 just in the last week or two. Also, that guard is hard to find as well as that shroud (despite the missing lb logo). I would say $35 is an ok price. Let us know what that big lump is in front of the rear wheel. Inquiring minds want to know...

-Dave

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I passed on the machine. The deck, the thing that holds everthing else together as a unit, was a mess of poorly welded on patches. The shroud was painted, and the thing was just basically very undesireable.

Hindsight being 20 20, I probably should've made an offer if only for the parts you guys pointed out. Perhaps I'll send an email, "if you still have it by...". He's got my email and phone # anyway.

Oh, and that blob infront of that wheel is infact an X shaped weld. Below that is an ugly, thick patch about 6 inches long or so.

It start and run on the first pull, and sounded whiny/tinny like a large chainsaw.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I believe a fuel tank with the tank stand sold on ebay for $48 just in the last week or two. Also, that guard is hard to find as well as that shroud (despite the missing lb logo). I would say $35 is an ok price. Let us know what that big lump is in front of the rear wheel. Inquiring minds want to know...

-Dave
I could've picked up about a dozen of those shrouds on the weekend at that estate sale where I picked up the other mowers. Never saw any guards though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts