My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to check out a 140H1, been sitting outside for last 5 years, seller says it ran when parked, hood is smashed, no grill or headlight, not to worried about that as I have a hood off a 112 and an extra grill. Seat is ripped. Tires look like they have good tred. And has wheel weights (not JD) Comes with 54" blade. I had some luck with the last 140H1 that was sitting for several years but it had a roof over it. Hoping to have the same luck with this one. I really do like the 140s!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Looks like a good project. Must be later model as it has split brakes. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
13,363 Posts
Is this another one of those deal like you got on your last one? It had a mouse nest in the muffler right?

Make sure the blade cylinder arms are not pitted.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are correct mrbeef! I am sure I will find some cousins to the mouse I found in the other 140. Hopefully this one does not have to much rust. Good point about the cylinder arm! Here is a pic of the 140 i picked up a few months ago... lots of cleaning, fresh gas and a carb kit got it purring. And I learned a lot too about the 140, seem pretty easy to pull apart and put back together.

Attachments

·
Three of my friends
9,000 Posts
Is that a RF skinny tire setting to the right in the last picture?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seller also has a 72ish 110 and 112, guessing the are SFs not RFs... that tire also looks like an 80 cart tire... but in other pics you can tell its on a tractor.

·
Super Moderator
13,363 Posts
...and the motor spins :)
Haha yes I suppose THAT would be a little more important than the blade arms :)

Jsaw that other 140 you picked up looks good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts