My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
rust in my veins
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a chance yesterday to cut corn for the FIL. wow this machine is amazing!Case IH 2166, 6 row head, 180bu tank, 215hp, 505ci, cutting at 4.5 mph! I fear that the old Cub Cadet may never feel the same...

Attachments

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Now that's gettin some seat time!!:fing32:

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Nope.
Sorry.
Too big for my acreage.
I'd need to build another addition to the addition just to protect it.

I'd love to (try to) drive one, though.

·
rust in my veins
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its hydro drive and all important controls like head height and the auger are on that joystick. its just like our hydro tractors push the stick forward and pull it back for reverse. all of the PTO contols are on the right arm rest, heres a pic.

Attachments

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
That must of been fun as all get out! I once got to drive one of those huge Fords with the dual rear wheels and a big old cab. Quite amazing to run something that big, and it's tiny compared to a combine!

PS, looking at the photos, it sure looks like a steering wheel in the first photo.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Those are great machines. IH did great job designing those. When Case bought out IH they kept the IH design which they are still building today. BTW if you get tired or bored running that thing let me know I will take your place LOL.

·
rust in my veins
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I might have been vague on that part, there is a steering wheel and then the joystick for ground speed and most of the important functions.

·
rust in my veins
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the corn crop was miserable this year, Im looking forward to cutting soybeans which will be coming in soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts