My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is with the darn Tecumseh's this week ..Blown engines ,busted fly wheel keys , worn out carbs Etc :banghead3:banghead3:banghead3 driving me nuts this week ..a fellow brought it in and said it had no comp..lol no wonder eh

035.jpg

038.jpg

Attachments

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh man...way too many parts in that machine, tell him to get a 2 stroke lawnboy LOL

lol ..I am glad it didn't do any damage ..half hour and it will be back up and running ...A 2 stroke might be his best bet .. Because he sure as heck dont know how to change the oil its black as a boot and has a consistency of water ..Plug looks to be the original one to

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
lol you gotta be like me and tell them its a throw away and not worth fixing,then you rack up the list of parts and the cost plus labor and time.by then they say...got any briggs engine mowers or any lawnboys?

·
Registered
345 Posts
So what is stuck under the valve, I can't tell.

·
Registered
412 Posts
So what is stuck under the valve, I can't tell.
X2 get that chunk of whatever it is out, buff the carbon off the piston crown and put it back together. Dunno if it is worth the trouble to the owner though. A homemade jury rig went bad and I ended up with a 1 1/4 dry wall screw in the same spot this spring. It was an 11hp B+S vertical shaft flat head. I tore the intake system apart until I found the screw. I took the screw out, and put the head back on with the original gasket. So far , so good.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
X2 get that chunk of whatever it is out, buff the carbon off the piston crown and put it back together. Dunno if it is worth the trouble to the owner though. A homemade jury rig went bad and I ended up with a 1 1/4 dry wall screw in the same spot this spring. It was an 11hp B+S vertical shaft flat head. I tore the intake system apart until I found the screw. I took the screw out, and put the head back on with the original gasket. So far , so good.

already done lol no damage running good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts